Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so my point stands, claiming heated seats costs a huge amount of money doesn't see the big picture and is disingenuous. The Ford offering here is competitively priced with the option group that includes heated seats (and tons of other content). Saying heated seats costs big $ is obscuring the value and competitive offering Ford is offering in 2022, when there are literally only a handful of EV pickups delivered by anyone.

You can't buy a base Tesla because Tesla doesn't group options like it used to, in 2013, our Model S literally had dozens of options selected to get it to the $100K CAD car that was originally spec'd. Tesla reduced options as they went along, and the new 2022 Tesla offerings show that.

Whereas literally every other auto maker does things as Ford is doing. Actually, the Lightning has less options than the gas version of F150, just a few well chosen options packs, YES, one of which has heated seats. If you want to order a gas F150, you can individually spec heated seats I presume, but because I could care less about a gas truck, I don't know for sure.

Point made : disingenuous and a typical TMC response (that my feelings were somehow hurt, LOL!, what a stupid take) when someone is called out for making such a post, it was categorically oriented in a way to generate negative feedback on Ford, when in fact the Lightning is entering production a year ahead of the Cybertruck (which I do have a reservation for!).

• Disagree
Reactions: JRP3
You really do have reading comprehension issues as none of my posts are telling people they are wrong! I have always said that there are alternatives. If you choose not to use them that is your affair. Not one of my posts tell any poster they are wrong unless they post something not factually correct. You are also posting something not factually correct because you don't have the facts..."People do not like VC"...where are you getting this info from? The posters here? Oh please, use your loaf! Go and read what I have said. I put down ignorance about VC, not whether anyone actually likes it or not! Lots of people are quite happy with VC that is why there are hundreds of lists about all the phrases available I guess! If YOU don't like it and certain other posters here don't like it does not make it a non option! A picture of Michael Palin with a hankie on his head comes to mind...
And there he is … the drink in the bar shouting the same crap louder & louder. Tired now, night night Elon/The Donald 🍊

Reactions: sleepydoc
Thank you for confirming my point about automation. In this case, spellchecker replacing radar with LiDAR. Apparently, AI knows more than me.
Yes, I let it try once and that was it. No way in hell the FSD will take over in adverse conditions. Assist - yes; in control - never!
Same thing applies to Tesla. My next car will definitely not be Tesla.
You must have one weird spell checker because I just tried 3 and none of them confused radar with LiDar! I'll stick to you not having a clue.

Anecdotal evidence that its not the wealthy getting subsidized due to solar. I'm east of Sacramento and if you do not have solar, your summer PG&E bills will be north of $500/mo. There are a bunch of very large homes that I can see from the back of my house on a hill. Its a private gate locked community and the homes are large and expensive. Out of about 40 homes that I can see, only 1 has solar. They are almost all E/W rooflines and their West roof faces me so pretty sure I would see the solar if they had it. Why don't they have solar if they can clearly afford it. I don't think they care. PG&E bill is just not on their radar or they don't like the look of solar on their house. The only house that has solar happens to be the biggest of all of them and the solar panels are ground mounted away from the house.

Now if I walk around my neighborhood, at least 15% have solar and a couple of homes added solar recently. I'm clearly not in low income, but its not the wealthy who are getting solar just from my own observations.
BUWAHAHA your zip code is El Dorado Hills. I lived there for over a decade. Just because you are looking up at the Governor's new McMansion doesn't mean you are looking at anything remotely considered poor. Median household income in 2019 was $137,726 and is probably pushing north of $150k now with no commuting costs due to Covid. But yeah use that anecdotal evidence. The poor trash in EDH will suffer if they move to NEM 3.0 BUWAHAHAHA!

Way to prove the point again. In case your little entitlenesses does not get it, poor people can't get credit, they don't have $25K burning a hole in their pocket, and they do not have solar.

BUWAHAHA your zip code is El Dorado Hills. I lived there for over a decade. Just because you are looking up at the Governor's new McMansion doesn't mean you are looking at anything remotely considered poor. Median household income in 2019 was $137,726 and is probably pushing north of $150k now with no commuting costs due to Covid. But yeah use that anecdotal evidence. The poor trash in EDH will suffer if they move to NEM 3.0 BUWAHAHAHA!

Way to prove the point again. In case your little entitlenesses does not get it, poor people can't get credit, they don't have $25K burning a hole in their pocket, and they do not have solar.
hello - where did I mention poor? I compared my neighborhood which is certainly in the bands you describe to a very wealthy neighborhood
what is your Agenda? You've never answered what is a reasonable ROI for solar. For that matter, do you think Residential Solar is good or bad regardless of price?

Most people have a very difficult time seeing things outside of their own bubble or sphere of influence. When I operated my first power plant "the grid" consisted of the power plant from my perspective. At my second power station "the grid" consisted of the municipal utility that I worked for. When I finally moved into full power system operations I finally saw a much bigger picture of the grid. From the California Oregon border all the way down to Mexico. I was introduced to an even larger grid the WECC. The Western interconnection. It is a massive almost living machine. It now makes me laugh when I look back at my early days at an individual power plant and my perspective, which was of course entirely wrong.

Why do I bring this up. You all have a very small perspective when it comes to the rooftop solar issue. You all can't see past your own roof. You all can't see beyond your own costs. You all incorrectly believe that you have made your contribution to climate change by installing a rooftop solar system. All you have really done is insulated your costs for 15-20 years. Without global efforts the global temperatures will still rise, the polar ice caps will still melt, and the seas will still rise.

What would it take for say just the California grid to become carbon neutral? I would guess it would take 100-150 GW of intermittent renewable capacity and 300 GW of storage capacity, or a large nuclear fleet that is not wanted by most people at this point in time. Who is going to pay for all this? It won't be rooftop solar owners, they have already done their fair share.

You are too funny...as the defroster is now so dangerous you had better not take your vehicle out again...far too lethal! LOL

Monitoring can be left to the actual monitors...where do you think the reading of pressure comes from?
And you’re either too dense or too clueless to comprehend an abstract concept like safety. Glad I’m no where near Texas.

The reading comes from the sensors. The computer does the monitoring, except it doesn’t really monitor, it’s a binary alert that triggers at a set pressure. If you actually want to monitor you need to see the actual pressures.

Last edited:
Reactions: HankLloydRight
Why do people still argue with an idiot. I respect the effort, but it has no merit.

(sometimes, even if you are a fanboy, it is okay to say: I wish they had done a better job, but unfortunately they made a mistake)
(don't you think I want to be happy, after spending 70k on a car, about that said car?)
Yes. I’m reminded of a quote by Mark Twain -
Never argue with an idiot. They’ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Unfortunately we’ve been brought down to a lower level….

Get out of here with the Brandon nonsense. You knew it was a roll of the dice on the rebate. You could always put your order on hold if you are worried about not getting a 4680 model.
Yup, it was a dice roll, and it looks I am losing on my bet. However, this also means that it is a fair Brandon, and the color of Brendon (red or blue) would not matter.
If I feel so by the delivery time, I WILL place hold on the order. When I ordered, the system said I have to wait until June, then it changed at one time to February, now it is in April.

What is the benefit of turning on the HVAC to check/control the seat warmers?
I never turn my AC off, just leave it on Auto and it does a great job. I haven't turned it on nor off in over 2 years. No need. Anyway Bozo, I wont partake in anymore shenanigans with you. I prefer to communicate with positive people, not doom and gloomers. Enjoy your next brand...soon I hope!

• Disagree
Reactions: COS Blue
I will ask again my main question though. Who is going to pay for the storage from a ratepayer perspective? All NEM solar customers ….

You have a completely busted train of thought here.

Per the EIA, of all energy generated in the USA… about 16% is end point used by residential.

The answer to your question is the same entities that we’ve always using the energy will be paying for the energy tomorrow.

You keep repeating the same notions that somehow you believe…

1) residential solar customers are all net zero and paying nothing

2) residential solar customers do not help the grid

3) residential solar customers need to step up more than all other payers to afford the grid

None of these ideas make sense, and we’ve shown it over and over and over in this thread.

• Funny
Reactions: Zabe
Status
Not open for further replies.