Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So… Highland is out…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So much so that I've ordered a Y in red!
I thought that the red paint on my Model Y (& presumably the one you have ordered) was a different red to Highland?

Y above.JPG

Brightness isn't normally the issue, it is the height of them needing to be low down to avoid reflective glare.
Yep that is about it. Ive always used mine accordingly. We are near a river and have a few dips hence a bit prone.

My rough guess would be them being removed just like lumbar support due to not being used and this is frustrating for me since a few times I would of turned them on, I find it very difficult and they dont seem to be voice activation enabled. normally in the day or night if i need to touch the screen, I turn autopilot on when available as a failsafe but it does not work in dense fog unless someone has any tips 🤔

I've never really understood the need to have "mood lighting" inside a car

Me too. My fancy-pants home automation will do all that footballer's-wife stuff, never managed to find any combinations of settings that I felt added anything to MY mood, so consequently I never used it in practice. Struggling to understand why the inside of a car needs it - Red Mood when dogging maybe?!

I personally quite like it

'coz its there? or "I would definitely consider adding a 3rd party option" if it wasn't there?

I personally want minimal light around me when driving - probably because that's what I'm used to, but I'm of the opinion (maybe wrongly) that it interferes with my night vision - that's based on the fact that I know what a difference it makes, and I'm very careful with my night vision, when doing astronomy (if I have to come into the house, close my viewing eye for the duration that I am around any light at all, and so on)

If you haven't tried it then close one eye for 5 minutes. Keep it closed, go outside (somewhere with very low / no light pollution), alternate opening/closing each eye :)

I think front fogs are a bit pointless

I can't remember driving in thick fog for a long time ... maybe we don't have that any more / often enough. But back when we did lights-down-low made a huge difference in reducing the amount of glare reflected back into the cabin / driver.

increasingly the ‘I’m in a Tesla’ crowd.

What a dilemma they must face, poor souls.

I've been "in a Tesla" for a long time ... my other cars are Teslas, my other family member's cars are Tesla's ...

... I can't find the word to describe the dilemma I find myself in (but I'm sure that some wag here will do!)