Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So… Highland is out…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if Tesla sell 150k Model 3 this year when they sold 240k last year. Would that drop be because of:

1. Cost of living
2. Interest rates
3. People going off EV’s
4. Better competiton
5. Elon Musk
6. No stalks
7. Something else?

Let’s say they sell 300k, a nice 60k increase on last year. They might have sold another 60k if they had stalks.

I’m glad we have Internet forums these days so you can tell us which of these it might be…
7. No USS? 🤣
I know a couple of Tesla owners who have said they won’t buy another Tesla until they reinstate USS.

7. No USS? 🤣
I know a couple of Tesla owners who have said they won’t buy another Tesla until they reinstate USS.
My Feb 2022 MSLR has USS. However, it identifies as a USSless car because this feature is useless. My car has an anxiety attack every time I back into the garage. It beeps uncontrollably while flashing squiggling lines and useless numbers. It's really quit unnerving to see it fall apart like this every time. It's needs therapy.

I'm musing on replacing my 2019 3 with a new car via a salary sacrifice lease. Interestingly, the Y is less expensive than the 3 in monthly payments - yet the list price of the Y is higher.
I suspect they are chasing targets for year end with the Y to beat last years cars sold figures, in October the Y dropped out of top ten cars sold but still 5th overall for the year

It is odd though you can get an inventory old model M3 RWD for £42,990 with 9.5% APR but for £2k more a MY with 2.9% and £3k less a Highland with same APR, Suspect they will do some good deals on inventory M3 before year end as well

Is that even an option?
Absolutely not.

The car at the time of purchase had an overall price. A PCP is simply the depreciation payment over a period of months and then the estimated value the car will be worth at the end of say a 2 to 4 year agreement. The total of the monthly payments plus the final guaranteed value = the same price as the cash price at the time of sale. This is once you remove the interest you’ll also have had to pay for the loan.

If you’ve got a car that’s worth say £20k at the end of the PCP and the guaranteed final value is £30k then just hand the car back which you are allowed to do. Otherwise you’d have to shell out £30k to buy something worth £20k.

These finance arrangements are prescriptive and contractual. The balloon is the balloon. That the returned cars would get punted off to auction and maybe get less than they would selling it to you is not something they would give a lot of thought into to be honest.

Reactions: boombap
He has to look at the wheel and put his hand on top of it to indicate. He is also hyper aware of what he is doing, and planning to do. I'd argue that's perhaps a synthetic assessment of it.

For sure there will be some situations where turning isn't a big deal, but I would personally argue that if you have to use any conscious thought to work out which button you're pressing, or particularly looking at the wheel, then it's a retrograde step.

These finance arrangements are prescriptive and contractual. The balloon is the balloon. That the returned cars would get punted off to auction and maybe get less than they would selling it to you is not something they would give a lot of thought into to be honest.
Does seem a bit mad that they'd rather do that than save themselves the hassle. Oh well, looks like my hand will be forced once my PCP deals are done and I'll be looking at life away from Tesla.

not convinced. Those roundabouts are mostly big ones where you don't turn the wheel. Most over here are small/quicker and you don't have time to look at the wheel and work out what to press. makes no sense at all doing it like this.
I agree. They are big and he’s going around them much slower than we tend to do in this country.

Not saying it’s unworkable or you wouldn’t eventually get used to it. It just doesn’t make much sense to even have to try to learn a new method that is worse than what already exists.

Reactions: Leejmoff