Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So… Highland is out…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just been to Bristol to see the RWD Highlander. All I can say is Wow! This car oozes quality...
The doors feel more substantial and close with a nice thud. Everywhere you look there are small and sometimes even large improvements and it feels like a very upmarket car. And the best bit is its even cheaper than its ever been! I can't wait to test drive one although I will hold off changing cars for the moment, as I still love my car...
I would say to anyone thinking about getting a model 3, now would be a good time as there is nothing that can compete with this car at a £40K price point.

Last edited:
When was the last time anyone revealed their real status to Mr Zuckerberg?

As it happens mine was a throw away line ... I don't use Facebook

@WannabeOwner isn’t the great fan of Musk

I am a fan. As a family we have been "doing Eco", in increasing quantity, since 2007. Shafted by VW DieselGate I looked around for a replacement for my Eco, or so I thought, Blue Motion Golf and found that an EV could do 240 miles - until that point I thought EV=Milk Float. So I'm a fan of Mr Musk for his disruption.

Yeah, he's often Off On One in directions that most people disagree with, but history is littered with similarly Croesusly filthy-rich who were also a screw-loose

Sat in one at Tesla Newcastle today. It’s very nice, exterior looks sharper, interior looks nice, mood lighting is a nice addition, steering wheel feels nice and sporty in the hand, door “thunk” sounds like a Golf and, while ultimately completely useless because you will feel sick looking down at the new rear screen for a prolonged period whilst on the move, it’s handy that you can control the air flow at the back but sadly still no climate control for the rear.

All in all, very frustrating because it would be an excellent upgrade if the damn thing came with parking sensors and stalks. Huge shame, really.

Sat in one at Tesla Newcastle today. It’s very nice, exterior looks sharper, interior looks nice, mood lighting is a nice addition, steering wheel feels nice and sporty in the hand, door “thunk” sounds like a Golf and, while ultimately completely useless because you will feel sick looking down at the new rear screen for a prolonged period whilst on the move, it’s handy that you can control the air flow at the back but sadly still no climate control for the rear.

All in all, very frustrating because it would be an excellent upgrade if the damn thing came with parking sensors and stalks. Huge shame, really.

Hmm might check it out. What colour is it?

Don’t even start on that!! For now fix autopilot and the finger gets closer to ordering.
The settings I have always used may be worth trying before you give up on Autopilot.

The last time I had a serious braking incident was back in 2020 (about 25k miles ago in my original Tesla, a Model 3). I always use AP with my right foot above the accelerator and do very occasionally get a gentle slowing as the car misreads the road or map but can instantly accelerate to overrule. However, even this is extremely rare and I am confident to use AP regularly with or without passengers.

The car is in control of driving but I am in control of actions to be taken in the event of an alert & this seems to work well.

Maybe I'm just lucky but this is with two different Tesla Models both using my cloud profile, 22k miles on one & 10k so far on the other.

IMG_8076.jpg

The settings I have always used may be worth trying before you give up on Autopilot.

The last time I had a serious braking incident was back in 2020 (about 25k miles ago in my original Tesla, a Model 3). I always use AP with my right foot above the accelerator and do very occasionally get a gentle slowing as the car misreads the road or map but can instantly accelerate to overrule. However, even this is extremely rare and I am confident to use AP regularly with or without passengers.

The car is in control of driving but I am in control of actions to be taken in the event of an alert & this seems to work well.

Maybe I'm just lucky but this is with two different Tesla Models both using my cloud profile, 22k miles on one & 10k so far on the other.

View attachment 990704
That Automatic Emergency Braking saved my bacon and made me relearn something I already know. I exited the freeway on to an offramp that almost immediately had a traffic light controlled cross street. I was gonna turn left at the light. So, off the highway, approaching the light, it turned yellow with plenty of time to go through. Well, the car in front of me hit the brakes while I was expecting them and me to coast through. I was just reaching for the brake peddle when my 2022 MSLR applied the brakes for me. And not too soon. I was very impressed!. What did I relearn . . . no need to be in such a hurry.

The last time I had a serious braking incident was back in 2020 (about 25k miles ago in my original Tesla, a Model 3).
WOW. Literally WOW!!! In my 2019 3P I drive backwards and forwards from Manchester to Birmingham and back 2-3 times and week and on every single journey I have 2-5 severe braking incidents or hesitations when overtaking. Tesla service came and inspected the car a couple of weeks ago and the engineer said my car was fine and his car is exactly the same to the point he’s stopped using autopilot ( a newer model 3).

Looking at your settings, mine are the same with the exception of the emergency braking and obstacle aware acceleration - mine are on. I’ll reluctantly try turning them off for a couple of drives. Wonder what the insurance company will think of that in a prang.

I haven’t changed these settings ever and my autopilot turned to rubbish when Tesla announced a software update to enhance the quality of the cameras (and the vision only move). That is what I think is the real cause of my issues.