Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So… Highland is out…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd be worried about turning the auto emergency options off - they saved my bacon on the M5: I'd moved out to pass a junction and was moving back into the LH lane and didn't spot the Audi driver doing 100 on the slip road and about to undertake me.

It's pretty impressive when it works as designed.

I've also just ordered a new LR AWD in red with 19" Nova wheels 😁

Reactions: Roger20
Front camera?

No real need to watch this but there is some merit in the suggestion that a front bumper camera could be coming to MY eventually, perhaps sooner than the Juniper upgrade.

If Tesla can't see a way of overcoming the blind spot in front of the car then a camera does perhaps seem inevitable. So the big question for us in the UK is whether we might see it on our M3 Highland. Given that we are looking at January to March now for deliveries there does seem a possibility that our RHD production might be delayed long enough for a front camera to be a possibility. Let's hope so.

You’d think just throw it in. The HW4 computer can handle it so why not… oh yes, it costs money. So they’ll only do it when they have to admit defeat but means lots of cars will have shipped without it.
But I thought the consensus opinion is that a bumper mounted camera would never survive stone chips. What’s needed is an active proximity sensor that’s hidden behind plastic caps. Maybe something ultrasonic - cheap and simple and available for automotive use.

So I was somehow invited to a ‘viewing’ of the new model 3 this week. The ultra red LHD one that has presumably been floating around the rest of the country.

Must admit it does look sharp in the metal. The new headlight/daylight running lights look clean. I was also pleasantly surprised by the interior LED strip light which I thought might look tacky. It doesn’t look bad. Works well when the colour matches the car (I.e Red) but no idea what colour you would pick for a black/grey/white car though.

Found a nice little feature I hadn’t seen documented elsewhere. Looks like you can move the front seats from the rear screen if nobody is sat in them.

Overall a strong update. If they hadn’t messed about with the indicator stalks it would be an easy decision but I think that’s the only fly in the ointment based on my quick 5min prod.

Visited Chelmsford showroom at the weekend. I'll be honest, I wasn't impressed at all, the front looks nice and I do love the back on it now, but the inside is a major let down. Forgetting the stalkless wheel, I just thought the inside looked extremely bland.
Now if I was asked to upgrade to Highland tomorrow, I wouldn't. I'd rather still have the stalks and USS, but I must say the new Grey Colour looked lovely.

Forgetting the stalkless wheel, I just thought the inside looked extremely bland.
I thought it looks better than that wood finish and the panels seemed nicer to me, it's all subjective. When I thought my order was going to be the 2023 model I was planning on getting that changed, but the new one looks better to me when I sat in it, but have only test driven the previous version.

It's my understanding the USS were removed before this refresh and could therefore have been put back I suppose but obviously decided not to, so, like the stalks, we either accept it as is or buy something else.

I've been having a little "practice" in trying to keep my hands at 9-3 on the wheel when using roundabouts and some are fine others are problematic, will just have to see how I get on. If it's a real problem I'll take a punt on the S3XY addon that seems to be in the works, but then have the concerns around insurance and modifications.

Last edited:
Total clickbait none story doing the rounds.

It could be rewritten as “Tesla likely to offer M3 Performance, if so they will announce it in the future.”
Everything else is speculation.

Reactions: Durzel
I disagree. I would expect the see a 3P in early 2024.

Time will tell.
Disagreeing with what? That Tesla have not announced it so by definition if they do it will be in the future? I think we agree it’s coming

Im just saying the “breaking news* article is without any substance, content or insight, prefaces every point with ‘reportedly’ and quotes a different website as its source and which ‘speculates’ or claims somebody said something without actual quotes. On that basis it’s clickbait

I mean I believe the article and we will see a 3P in early 2024. I don’t believe it is clickbait.

Like I said, time will tell.

It's clickbait because it promises actual information but delivers only the same internet speculation and rumours that you or I could write. Of course a new M3P is probably coming in 2024 - that's not news.