Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SoCal & Central CA - Keep Your PW Full (Record Storm Possible Next Week)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some areas could see over 10 inches of rain

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 6.23.19 AM.png
IMG_7680.jpeg
IMG_7679.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: power.saver
We're just at 5" for this storm with over 9" this month. The Feb 1st storm was worse with respect to intensity as we got 4" in 5 hours with rates hitting 2"/hr. Lots of significant street flooding with that one.

I haven't used storm watch as our electricity has been pretty reliable in our immediate neighborhood. We haven't had an unscheduled outage that lasted more than a minute in the 5 years I've lived here. PWs are sitting at 60% now. Maybe I'm playing with fire.

While in my room making the bed, the lights went out due to an outage. I was wondering why the powerwall didn't kick in. Then I walked into the hall and saw all the other lights still on and thought it just took a few seconds to kick in. Then I realized the light in the room is on the ceiling fan and forgot that the ceiling fans are not on the backup subpanel. 😅

Last edited:
@skepticcyclist Unreal! That seems like such a 6 sigma event. I know here that '64 generated an annual rainfall that was 5X average, though I know average in California is a bit misleading as we do get years that are so much wetter than average/median.

I hope that you don't float or slide away.

Thanks for sharing this.

All the best,

BG

@skepticcyclist Unreal! That seems like such a 6 sigma event. I know here that '64 generated an annual rainfall that was 5X average, though I know average in California is a bit misleading as we do get years that are so much wetter than average/median.

I hope that you don't float or slide away.

Thanks for sharing this.

All the best,

BG
Yeah. Average annual precipitation for my area is about 20 inches/year. This is almost half our annual rain. Some areas received over 12 inches. It is a diffident than many parts of the US where the standard deviation is much smaller and few years deviate much from the average. We get a lot of season where we can easily get double the mean and other years were we get very little precipitation.

Reactions: BGbreeder