Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, that happened... :)

- - - Updated - - -

I've got MAR 14 240 CALLs ... like you, I'm sitting here wondering, do I take this profit now, or wait for (a) the next round of the short squeeze, as margin calls go out tonight and/or (b) the actual gigafactory announcement?

Aaarghh..

I decided to cash out my 220's and 240's at around $248 and hang on to the $260's. In my brain I feel 80% sure I'll miss significant upside on those calls over the coming week, but in my gut I feel like taking some profits off the table on a day like today is the right thing to do.

Either way this is an incredible day, congrats everyone.

Just a Thought, Andrea James, Doughtery and Company, has always been ahead of the stock. Predicting prices now 3-5 months out, May said $90, July said $200, January said $320. based on that, Now it's a matter of when to buy Tesla, Will it drop below $200 soon? $225? Where is the next stop. I want back aboard, but I don't want to join if something like november happens.

Also, interesting to note that the April options just came out yesterday. This means that those that bought April 1-18 that have been waiting for long-term holding can hedge their downside risk for without paying for extra time premium on put options.

I know because I am in this camp, can't be alone. Looking at picking up 225 - 250 puts to sleep easier next 6 weeks.

Wow, just pushed through $250. Where is the next batch of profit takers? There don't seem to be enough of them to supply the short sellers.

Yeah, that $250 line looked like a bit of resistance, but then hello $255.

From Adam Jonas this morning:

AdamJonasQuote320PT.png

Yeah, I sold my weekly way too soon... deciding to take some profits on LEAPS too now since it's a big move and secondary is usually a drag on the price. We'll see how good my trade idea is...

Not touching the common of course :)

Today = Wow...

here is some perspective as well - about 1 year ago, Tesla was trading right around $34 a share. Today, the price increase as of 8:40am Pacific time is some $36. If you held on to your shares from 1 year ago, today alone would be over a 100% gain from the stock price a year ago. Wow...

Of course I sold my March 7th 190s at $249 right before it went over $250. I'm happy though. I'm up 6 months salary "just today" as of now and this is my best day in the stock market ever, even with my solar stocks being kind of "eh" today.

I still have June $220, my core stock, and a couple LEAPS.

Sell orders at $250, $260? Bah! I put one in for $750.

(But only to make sure they couldn't lend my shares out to any desperate short. I'm long. Unless it executes at $750. I could live with that.)

Little stock market expression: bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered.
nothing's goes up forever, there are usually pullbacks along the way, we've seen it with TSLA many times.