Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2.32.100

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car installed the software update last night and it promptly opened the driver's door into the wall this morning. That's the first time I've ever had the door not stop in time. Hopefully it was just a fluke of the car waking up for the first time with the new software.

My car installed the software update last night and it promptly opened the driver's door into the wall this morning. That's the first time I've ever had the door not stop in time. Hopefully it was just a fluke of the car waking up for the first time with the new software.
Whooo... Not good. First FWD was too sensitive. Now, not sensitive enough. These doors are beginning to sound like my ex. Did you do a reboot after install?

As of Tuesday evening my fwds are nominal. Have not had an Obstacle Detected error yet. I did notice that my driver door opens with the double click of the fob only about 85% of the time. The remaining 15% of the time the mirrors unfold and car unlocks but driver door does not open. My guess is it is a tight space precaution or perhaps a bug. I will try different scenarios to be sure.

After my update this morning, I was getting errors with autopilot... for some reason it was limiting the speed to 35mph! This is on the same roads I take daily and there were no such limits before. So I fortunately knew how to perform a system reset and that fixed it, now all good. So FYI, even though the system does reboot after the update is installed, everything may not have "taken" properly, so perform another reboot!

Reactions: systemcrashed
Another change I noticed after this update was the fwd audible alert is about 30% louder. Also fwd sensors map the surroundings at different angles as they go up to avoid obstacles higher up and off to the side but close enough to make contact at the fully open position.

After my update this morning, I was getting errors with autopilot... for some reason it was limiting the speed to 35mph! This is on the same roads I take daily and there were no such limits before. So I fortunately knew how to perform a system reset and that fixed it, now all good. So FYI, even though the system does reboot after the update is installed, everything may not have "taken" properly, so perform another reboot!

How do you do a system reset?

For the main touchscreen, you hold down the two scroll wheels on the steering wheel for a few seconds.
For the dash display, you hold the two menu buttons just above the scroll wheels.
Then just in case, you might as well go for the triple crown and perform a car off from the vehicle Controls menu on the touchscreen.

Another change I noticed after this update was the fwd audible alert is about 30% louder. Also fwd sensors map the surroundings at different angles as they go up to avoid obstacles higher up and off to the side but close enough to make contact at the fully open position.

What makes you believe the fwd are now mapping different angles as they raise up with latest update?