Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't look like 16 has been pulled... and if they have the steering wheel heat already scheduled for 18, no reason to do so!

upload_2018-5-2_15-12-21.png

Except that it breaks things... no point rolling out a broken release any further, but the release system remains an opaque random process...
May be no point, but it appears that they are! As you say, especially weird when they even have the fix acknowledged and scheduled (for 18) and are telling people that (Erik has it on his YT video, as well as several others here).

upload_2018-5-2_17-31-8.png

Even if you didn't complain, no steering wheel heat for anyone!

Admittedly I’ve got 27 hours of posts to read, but I’m assuming Tesla hasn’t figured out how to explain away this oversight. Imagine if instead of steering wheel heat they had disabled braking. Just plain old braking. Or current speed display. Or door unlock. How is this even an issue? I simply don’t undetsand how unit tests don’t make this a nonissue

Admittedly I’ve got 27 hours of posts to read, but I’m assuming Tesla hasn’t figured out how to explain away this oversight. Imagine if instead of steering wheel heat they had disabled braking. Just plain old braking. Or current speed display. Or door unlock. How is this even an issue? I simply don’t undetsand how unit tests don’t make this a nonissue

Tesla? Explain? Admit to an oversight? Never.

• Funny
Reactions: hh83917
The link did not work for me. The browser definitely is faster with teslawaze. And, the MCU refresh rate was almost instantaneous instead of lots of grey. I won't say the navigation is better (it worked pretty good for me), and I certainly have not noticed any downgrade in its abilities. Worked great this morning.

Try actually adjusting the EQ. At least one person said once they adjusted the EQ the sound returned to normal.

@MP3Mike I've adjusted the equalizer, and rebooted the vehicle many times to no avail. I build vehicles professionally, and I'm an amateur musician, so I do know my way around a sound system. The Premium sound has had degraded performance since 2016.12. I've been in email communication with Tesla and they are aware there is an issue with the sound quality / volume levels - it is not my ignorance of the equalizer controls, or my imagination that is the source of this problem....Plus it's an easy issue to hear; music I couldn't take at volume level 5 before now barely covers wind noise at 6-7...so you don't need a dB meter to detect something is different.

@MP3Mike I've adjusted the equalizer, and rebooted the vehicle many times to no avail. I build vehicles professionally, and I'm an amateur musician, so I do know my way around a sound system. The Premium sound has had degraded performance since 2016.12. I've been in email communication with Tesla and they are aware there is an issue with the sound quality / volume levels - it is not my ignorance of the equalizer controls, or my imagination that is the source of this problem....Plus it's an easy issue to hear; music I couldn't take at volume level 5 before now barely covers wind noise at 6-7...so you don't need a dB meter to detect something is different.
As I've said before, someone on our local facebook page had a similar issue and videod the sound and how there was basically no bass and adjusting the equalizer made no difference as well. Half his speakers weren't even putting out sound. On our suggestion he took it to the service centre where they acknowledged the problem and did 'something' to fix it. Whether they re-flashed the firmware or what I don't know but it's a software issue. You could try various levels of reboot to see if it helps.

Reactions: ahkahn

This is what frightens me too. Now, presumably a regression in braking would be found quickly. And those systems are relatively separated as far as I know. So I'm not truly worried about regression in braking, but it could certainly be something more dramatic. But, as someone in the IT industry, the apparent lack of basic unit and functional regression testing is shocking. Some of these things recently seem so trivial. I would be totally satisfied if they added 3 days to the release schedule to run through some more validation.

Reactions: hh83917 and _jal_