Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.18.2 301aeee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's also worth noting that it's barely doing any 2018.18 -> 2018.18.2 replacements. Most of the people being offered this update are on .14.2 or before.

That doesn't make it feel like a wide release. I'm guessing all of this is working up to a 2018.20 or something with more substantial changes.

FWIW, at least on 2018.18, AP2, I've been pretty happy with radar braking so far. I've not noticed any phantom braking on common locations with phantom braking from last year when they first attempted to enable this feature.

At least you folks are getting updates. I’m still on 10.4 and have been for over two months. This is the longest I’ve gone between updates since I have been tracking my updates on EV-FW in 2015.

Based upon the EV-FW numbers, I suspect there are a substantial number of owners in the same condition.

At least you folks are getting updates. I’m still on 10.4 and have been for over two months. This is the longest I’ve gone between updates since I have been tracking my updates on EV-FW in 2015.
Based upon the EV-FW numbers, I suspect there are a substantial number of owners in the same condition.
I'm in the same boat as you. We are in the less than 7% group see this from TeslaFI. My SC says you can not just request an update but there needs to be a problem that the firmware fixes. Odd since others have called their SCs and gotten their cars updated.
am9D7Cj.jpg

Reactions: Art VandeIay
I'm in the same boat as you. We are in the less than 7% group see this from TeslaFI. My SC says you can not just request an update but there needs to be a problem that the firmware fixes. Odd since others have called their SCs and gotten their cars updated.

I am still in the 10.4 group as well. It would be nice to have new maps and faster MCU.

I've personally requested an update at my SeC on November after I had been stuck with no updates for close to three months. They can definitely do it. I can understand they don't want to do it (as it's a bit more hassle than 3 mouseclicks it seems), as otherwise before you know it everyone calls in to get the new update they just read about.
In a case like yours, if it's more than two months, I'd request one. No need to do it at your local SeC, btw.

I have just installed 2018.18.2 and I have 12 instead of 8 on my Premium sound system. Right after the update the bass was back and the premium sound system was great! Now, something has happened and the bass is again gone, and the sound just sound flat and boring with no bass at all!!
Further more, the new browser is far better than the old, however it keeps freezing and having the MCU to reboot.
For the majority of the time I listen to Spotify, before the update the following used to happen:
when leaving the car was playing song A, when reentering the car, song A continued to play from before.
After the update, song A is playing, and when entering the car the radio starts to play instead of song A. When looking at the music app the Spotify is highlighted as the selected music choice even though the radio is playing.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Purchasing the premium sound system has been huge disappointment, the sound really sucks as it is now!

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
I have the same problem, but it started for me already on 2018.16

I have just 2018.18.2 for 1 day and not got it yet.

Well I installed 18.2 last weekend and now my MCU is almost always blank and shows “Touchscreen Unresponsive” error in the dash. Needs a MCU reboot via steering wheel buttons every morning....

I have AP2 2017 March build.

Could it be related on a botched install or energy saving setting (which I have on) I read somewhere in the forums?

Equalizer is Back at 12 and the sound is back 2 premium(ish) level.. :)

Has it stayed improved? Mine was good for a day or so, and now it is back to crap!
It almost sounds like the crossover between the bass and the speakers has been changed. The bass used to be playing at higher freq. but now has been adjusted down, causing the bass to be less present in the sound... Playing the right song I can actually feel and hear when the bass kicks inn, and for my tast it should kick inn a lot sooner!

I have just installed 2018.18.2 and I have 12 instead of 8 on my Premium sound system. Right after the update the bass was back and the premium sound system was great! Now, something has happened and the bass is again gone, and the sound just sound flat and boring with no bass at all!!
Further more, the new browser is far better than the old, however it keeps freezing and having the MCU to reboot.
For the majority of the time I listen to Spotify, before the update the following used to happen:
when leaving the car was playing song A, when reentering the car, song A continued to play from before.
After the update, song A is playing, and when entering the car the radio starts to play instead of song A. When looking at the music app the Spotify is highlighted as the selected music choice even though the radio is playing.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Purchasing the premium sound system has been huge disappointment, the sound really sucks as it is now!
I had that problem with jumping back to radio on 10.4. Seems to be gone with 18.2 for me.

Not sure if it's just serendipity, but I also was one of those 6% stuck on 10.4 until tonight. It just so happens that today I got around to redoing my home network, upgrading a 10 year old router to one that I could configure for multiple VLANs, with much better management overall. I put the Tesla on it's own dedicated network so that it only sees the internet and nothing else can interfere. Within 6 hours of connecting, I noted a 2.35 GB download to the car and a friendly phone notification that an update was ready to install. :)