TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Software Update 2018.18.2 301aeee

Discussion in 'Model S' started by boaterva, May 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Looks like this one is rolling out big, TeslaFi and ev-fw have it on many cars quickly, release notes reported to have nothing changed since 2018.18 (which is to say, nothing new).

upload_2018-5-12_8-35-14.png

upload_2018-5-12_8-35-3.png

upload_2018-5-12_8-35-51.png

• Informative x 2
  2. pp61

pp61 Active Member

Received the update just now, Switzerland, 100D June 2017 model. Still no new maps,

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

I won’t say 11 cars is rolling out big... and is unlikely that we will see a big roll out starting Saturday. I suspect is a bug fix release on top of the 14-16-18 series. The last release that went wide seems to be the 10-12 AP neuronet update.

Perhaps we will know Monday if this one can go wide.

4. Trebek1762

Trebek1762 Member

#4 Trebek1762, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
    Just got the notification. Will update it now!

500mb download after coming from 18.1

• Like x 2
  5. boaterva

My comparison was to 18.1 which was doing a couple of cars a day. :D For a new release to do that in a few hours is still ‘big’, I think. We will need a few days to really tell. And I think 10.4 with the major AP update started similarly late in the week. Who knows how these things get scheduled!

• Like x 2
  6. Trebek1762

Trebek1762 Member

I did have one episode of the EQ settings not holding on 18.1

So far so good on 18.2. Otherwise no significant changes noticed yet.

No real change on notes either.

Attached Files:

7. sevenout

sevenout Member

Looks like 18.2 is primarily going to EU owners right now.

• Informative x 1
  8. boaterva

Some now in the USA... wonder if they started distribution to Europe and later Noram, as it is weird no one here got it overnight, early this AM. I see one in Connecticut to 18.2 from 10.4.... and of course our Wisconsin friend above. :D

With up now to 18 on ev-fw.com and 32 on TeslaFi, that’s more than 2018.18 got on some full days. I wonder if they trickle it out, see what weirdness happens on some cars, bake that in, and then re-roll. Doesn’t explain 18.1 being on all cars, etc. I think we should just give up trying to decipher this and wait for the ‘gimme’ button we’ve been promised. :confused:

9. sevenout

sevenout Member

Agreed!

• Love x 1
  10. conman

conman Member

We have no choice but to keep trying to decipher it since it will still be at least 3 months maybe, 6 months definitely, before we get the gimme button.

• Funny x 5
    • Helpful x 2
    • Informative x 1
  11. f205v

f205v Member

I just installed it. No time to test it tonie, will have to travel tomorrow and post a review after I'll arrive at destination.

• Like x 1
  12. nevrenuf

nevrenuf Member

Wish I knew how to trigger an update on my '18 P100D. I've been on 2018.12 since I bought the car..

13. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Member

Got it on my Model S this afternoon in the US. Did not notice any difference from 2018.18 really and notes are the same.

Had my S in service today for a new tire (pothole damage yesterday), so guess it got pushed to me as I was on their wifi and had a service ticket open.

• Like x 2
  14. Raechris

Raechris Member

Just updated from 14.2 to 18.2 in MS75D locates in Boston

15. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Finally current after languishing with *.12 and broken podcasts and the not-fast MCU1 for far too long.

This didn't come OTA - was at the SvC getting a brake fluid flush and some other things attended to, so asked for the latest firmware to be staged. Curiously, this time at the SvC, unlike all the other visits during which firmware was staged, I had left the SvC and a few minutes later realized there was no yellow alarm clock in the MCU. So I headed back to the SvC. A few minutes before arriving, the yellow clock showed up. Unexpected and time-wasting, but it did show up.

On a related note, be sure to check that the SvC doesn't forget to re-enable mobile access before heading to the next SC if you want the usual updates. Just a tip.

So long story short, too late I know, add 1 car with *.18.2 triple e in the Los Angeles area, which is to say that the SvCs are evidently staging this version already.

• Like x 1
  16. boaterva

Why wouldn’t they? Have they ever loaded a version that wasn’t the current/latest version? I’m not sure there is a way for them to do so. And sometimes they even just reload the current one if you ask for ‘the current formware’ They don’t even check.

17. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

There have been multiple occasions in the past when an SvC won't get the most recent version for a few days or more.

One of the improvements for which we've hoped is that all the SvCs get the latest version at the same time. Such has always not been the case.

By coincidence, my appointment was for today, and this version appeared at least according to this thread less than 24 hours ago.

18. GasKilla

GasKilla No Gas Know Peace

I had an "update available" show up on my phone app but when I got to my car there wasn't an update pending. My steering wheel heater is still broken. Has this "disappearing update" ever happen to anyone else? It's a first for me.

• Informative x 1
  19. CK_Stuggi

CK_Stuggi Member

Happens occasionally. I had 6 "Update available" notifications while my car was in Holiday parking for 6 weeks, when I arrived back there was no yellow clock.
    Service said it might have been because I had power saving on, always connected off. Sure enough the update became available the next morning. Was 2018.6 IIRC.

• Helpful x 1
  20. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I just got it in Sydney Australia. Looks like a wide release.