Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.24.1 12dd099

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After my install, I also noticed stale traffic data. I got in my car in the morning, and the freeways were bright red. Hmmmm, not at 6am. I tapped traffic button to disable, and then tapped it again and the freeways were green. Also noticed that navigation was routing using the stale data. This also happened in the afternoon yesterday. All freeways appeared green, but double tap on traffic forced a reload and they turned bright red.

I did a reboot as soon as I got home (forgot to do one after the install of 24.1) so I'm hoping this fixes it.

• Informative
Reactions: Bilen and Joe F
Regarding the Map, I noticed that the map tiles now appear to be quite a bit larger and perhaps as a result they load much slower. If I scroll the map or zoom, it takes a long time to reload the tiles. Anyone else noticing this? Perhaps this is a hint that they contain a lot more data.

I have been getting collision alerts when changing lanes with reflectors since 21.9. Looks like they are trying to develop stationary object detection. The reflectors are probably interfering with the radar.

The problem with "Stationary object detection" isn't really detection. It is path prediction.

For example, I am coming up to a traffic light on a single lane road. The cars at the light is backed up. However, I am going to take a turn lane to the right that has absolutely no cars that starts right at the end of the traffic line. I can stay at 55 MPH, come within a 20-30 feet of the car in front stopped at the light, and move into the turn lane..

If the TACC (or collision avoidance) noticed the static car it would slam on the brakes.

This will always be a problem with TACC or collision avoidance. FSD should not have the issue as it knows the path it will be taking (hopefully) :)

Reactions: ChrML
My Release notes and owner's manual disappeared after the update.....rebooted the MCU and still nothing
20180630_103806[1].jpg
20180630_103404[1].jpg
20180630_103351[1].jpg

Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
The problem with "Stationary object detection" isn't really detection. It is path prediction.

For example, I am coming up to a traffic light on a single lane road. The cars at the light is backed up. However, I am going to take a turn lane to the right that has absolutely no cars that starts right at the end of the traffic line. I can stay at 55 MPH, come within a 20-30 feet of the car in front stopped at the light, and move into the turn lane..

If the TACC (or collision avoidance) noticed the static car it would slam on the brakes.

This will always be a problem with TACC or collision avoidance. FSD should not have the issue as it knows the path it will be taking (hopefully) :)
Agreed. Exactly what I've been trying to say! :)

You cannot reliably stop for stopped cars, and at the same time avoid phantom braking or false stops without the car understanding the context of the situation. Code for that matures along with FSD, but will certainly also be enabled for EAP once ready.

Well, so far 2018.24.1 is a mixed bag for me.
Bonny new maps. And not noticeably slow on my late 2017 model S.
Nice graphics for multiple objects ahead and in adjacent lanes. Thought it reasonable that the model S saw pedestrians crossing its path as cars. Clearly just the default object image, but sort of amusing that a car would expect other cars rather than bipeds.
But ‘cruise control is not available’. And ‘autopilot is not available’. :(
Rebooted but even after 60 miles I didn’t get EAP functions back.
And ‘navigation needs service: map data not loaded’. Hope it downloads what it needs overnight. Long drive tomorrow.

Got the update last night and installed. Release notes are from the previous 2 updates "Navigation beta and mobile connector update." No speed limiting feature on my pre autopilot P85+.
Hmm, interesting that the Speed Limit feature is not available on pre-AP. Perhaps the same reason that chill was not implemented on pre-AP? If I understand correctly, when you enable speed limit, the acceleration is also chilled.

Well, so far 2018.24.1 is a mixed bag for me.
Bonny new maps. And not noticeably slow on my late 2017 model S.
Nice graphics for multiple objects ahead and in adjacent lanes. Thought it reasonable that the model S saw pedestrians crossing its path as cars. Clearly just the default object image, but sort of amusing that a car would expect other cars rather than bipeds.
But ‘cruise control is not available’. And ‘autopilot is not available’. :(
Rebooted but even after 60 miles I didn’t get EAP functions back.
And ‘navigation needs service: map data not loaded’. Hope it downloads what it needs overnight. Long drive tomorrow.

I would be willing to bet that your EAP/Cruise is not working do to the navigation needs service. Just like when the GPS goes out the Cruise defaults to 45mph.

• Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa
Ah, new MCU 3/18 build.

Happy to report that this new update fixed the browser and the owner manual guide-so far!

Well, at least for the past 3 days! It used to only work for a few hours. Then it would revert to a white screen, unresponsive.

The only issue is google.com. Website is telling me to use another browser, and it needs one of those Verification screens that clicks in the box.

Otherwise, most other websites seem to work out!

Anyone else seeing the super wavy lines in the IC like very early versions of AP2 did? It's not as bad but it's not locked and loses confidence rapidly when lane marking quality drops. Very unfortunate because AP2 was better than this at staying in a lane without solid markings.