Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.6 8377b4d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed 2018.39.6 this morning. Now instead of (optionally) two stacked half-screen apps, there's only one full-screen app, Map, and all others are one-at-a-time pop-ups on the bottom 40% (or so) of the screen, obscuring that portion of the map? (E.g., obscuring most of the route ahead if I'm navigating south in N-up mode?)

Until now I have, 99% of the time, had the rear camera on the bottom half. No longer? Now I have to manually put it there every time I start up, or after every time I want to change audio or climate control etc.?

Really? Am I missing something?

No updates in Europe it seems..

54F9C045-0AC3-4067-8275-9098564942BF.jpeg

I was under the impression that we could update the car software from our iPhone but I could not so. I did it from the car, as before. Can someone please tell me where is this option on our iPhone App?

@brec - I agree. I too used the bottom half for backup camera. I don;t use the NAV as most of our drive is in city.

I was under the impression that we could update the car software from our iPhone but I could not so. I did it from the car, as before. Can someone please tell me where is this option on our iPhone App?

@brec - I agree. I too used the bottom half for backup camera. I don;t use the NAV as most of our drive is in city.

Yeah, I tried also for the 9.0 update. I'm guessing that the cell phone updates are from here on out...

Did I miss something in the V9 update with split temp control? I only see the one at the bottom of the screen where there used to be a left and right temp control. I haven't had enough time to play with it to find out if the split temp control is somewhere else.

Did I miss something in the V9 update with split temp control? I only see the one at the bottom of the screen where there used to be a left and right temp control. I haven't had enough time to play with it to find out if the split temp control is somewhere else.

That bothered me, too. If you hit that control, you'll see a little sync button pop up above it. If you tap that, suddenly there are two temps in the bottom bar instead.

• Informative
Reactions: jgallops
Just installed 2018.39.6 this morning. Now instead of (optionally) two stacked half-screen apps, there's only one full-screen app, Map, and all others are one-at-a-time pop-ups on the bottom 40% (or so) of the screen, obscuring that portion of the map? (E.g., obscuring most of the route ahead if I'm navigating south in N-up mode?)

Until now I have, 99% of the time, had the rear camera on the bottom half. No longer? Now I have to manually put it there every time I start up, or after every time I want to change audio or climate control etc.?

Really? Am I missing something?

Your car pip and route will squish up to make room for the pop up, so nothing gets obscured. You are right though in that is is easy for that pop up to go away. I wish it was more persistent.

• Helpful
Reactions: ironwaffle
Just installed on my 2015 70D. AP1.

Haven’t taken her for a drive yet. Pouring rain outside.

Initial impressions: I don’t yet like the new simplified UI. A lot of the detail has been stripped from the UI.

Coolest new feature at first glance is the ability to send directions from my iPhone directly to the car. That seems to work REALLY well.

Reactions: bollar
Didn't the media player used to have a search function? Overall I like the new media player.
I'm in the camp of give me two screens other then Nav... I'm one of those people that rarely use Nav.
Web browser seems a little snappier (MCU 1) and you can at least expand it to about 3/4 screen, full screen would be better.
Didn't know you could use the steering wheel to control the Atari games..kewl.
Going for a ride shortly to check out the new EAP and DashCam.

Well, I *sugar* my pants this morning. Started the update and waited an hour. Did not receive a notification of update complete. Went to the car and it said "Update Required Contact Tesla" and the MCU was black. I waited a minute and the MCU popped up with the new V9 and the Update Required message cleared. Weird.