Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.6 8377b4d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone with AP1 updated V9.0 can check if auto lane change is now geo fenced to only "Controlled Access Roads" like AP2 and ap2.5.
I mean, does still changes lanes in all roads with the turn signal.
I got the update alert and really dont want to loose the ability to get the car to change lanes without turning off the auto steer.

Actually on AP2 I can now lane change anywhere whereas it was previously restricted. I think it can lane change at any speed now too. It even displays an error when it failed to change lanes once.

Actually on AP2 I can now lane change anywhere whereas it was previously restricted. I think it can lane change at any speed now too. It even displays an error when it failed to change lanes once.
Thank you. That is a welcome news, my car is updating as I type. Geo fenced lane change on only class 1 interstate so called "controlled access roads" is one of my biggest disappointment on AP2, only 4 roads in Texas are classified as such thus ALC is useless in most of the state. can wait to go try it.

Thank you. That is a welcome news, my car is updating as I type. Geo fenced lane change on only class 1 interstate so called "controlled access roads" is one of my biggest disappointment on AP2, only 4 roads in Texas are classified as such thus ALC is useless in most of the state. can wait to go try it.

They've merged autosteer and ALC. AP2+ will eventually add unassisted lane changes for those restricted access roads like ALC was before.

Its part of the release notes. Its all in climate now. The heated seats are 3-D. The front 2 still appear in the menu on the bottom of the screen.

The bottom of the screen is now the easiest way to access it.

croman...you are the best. I found it thanks to you.

opRGubF.jpg

Reactions: GSP and croman
Autosteer is acting more erratic then 36.2 did for me. It's doing some things better, and some worse. Maybe it'll settle down after calibration. TACC seems a bit improved. Had a few instances where i thought i was getting phantom breaking... Only to realize that nav thought the speed limit went down to 40mph while i was just driving down the middle of the interstate.