Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.x (Version 9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018.40 reported on Reddit. Someone had their 2018.39.6 at the SC and got upgraded to 2018.40

Imgur

Curious, I wonder if there are any changes beyond bug fixes.

Does the app notify you an update is available if the car is asleep?

The car will wake up periodically while it is parked to check for updates and once it downloads the update and processes it you should get a notification in the app soon after.

More hyperbole. Bad habit you have.
Come on now, this TMC, everyone knows that we constantly operate on hyperbole. :rolleyes:
Anyone remember the Model 3 HUD debacle where large sections of the forum were absolutely convinced it would come with a HUD and were then bitterly disappointed that their own unreasonable expectation wasn’t met.
Really on here, everyone is another word for me. :D:D
[edit to clarify this is not a serious post]

Come on now, this TMC, everyone knows that we constantly operate on hyperbole. :rolleyes:
Anyone remember the Model 3 HUD debacle where large sections of the forum were absolutely convinced it would come with a HUD and were then bitterly disappointed that their own unreasonable expectation wasn’t met.
Really on here, everyone is another word for me. :D:D
[edit to clarify this is not a serious post]

I still can't fathom why they wouldn't put a HUD in.

One bug I noticed with the first V9 update was the GPS/Map goes back to static mode (the bright white version) no matter how you previously had it. I prefer the satellite (green) mode so currently forced to change it back each time I get in.

Reactions: evpulse
Believe it or not, we who frequent this forum and know about Elon tweets almost right away are a minority.

What in the world are you talking about?

There are news article about V9
There is the emails from Tesla about V9
There is the blog post about V9 on Tesla's website
There is the message in the Tesla app about V9. It's in the Inbox section.
Elon has 22+ million people following his twitter.

Suffice to say Tesla did a REALLY good job telling people about V9.

Now that doesn't mean everyone knows. There always those that live under rocks.

Those like me or you that follow the forum are likely the ones more patient because we have more information. Like I wouldn't even consider bugging the SC until most everyone had V9 except me. If I didn't have this info I probably would have called them after 2-3 days thinking they forgot about me.

Last edited:
Reactions: preilly44
just did a quick check before dinner, a whole bunch of Model 3's - well six but I'm still in hyperbole mode :)
Although, 6 new downloads so close together, relative to the trickle from earlier in the rollout, seems like a ray of hope for those of us refreshing the page every couple of hours :D
knowing our luck its just the patented Tesla randomizer at work . . . .

Reactions: Forcelite