Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.x (Version 9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some additional functionality I was not aware of until I saw it mentioned on reddit; with version 9 you can now slide your finger up and down on the music icon in the dock to expand or collapse the music menu. This works the same way as adjusting the temperature in version 9 by sliding your finger to the left or right of the current temperature. It’s a nice little improvement and does make resizing the music menu much easier while driving.

you can also tap the album art. that has been around for a while, though.

The calendar app has an option to display the calendar when you get in the car at various times. Has that worked for anyone? I tried setting it to Morning and Morning/afternoon, and the calendar never displays.

It does appear to be syncing properly, as all entries are present if I open it manually

Has anyone else NOT received and email from Tesla or a message in the App regarding v9? Just the general one stating it's coming. I see many people reference they have received both, but I still don't have either. Wondering if it means anything - like I way down the list.

Has anyone else NOT received and email from Tesla or a message in the App regarding v9? Just the general one stating it's coming. I see many people reference they have received both, but I still don't have either. Wondering if it means anything - like I way down the list.

I took delivery of my MS this past June. Since then I have had four firmware updates (currently on 36.2). I have NEVER received a notification from the Tesla app on my phone (iOS) for any of these updates. Always first notice that an update is available when I get into the car. Seems like some people get the phone notification and others don't. BTW, add me to the list of people still waiting for the version 9 download.

Reactions: whatthe2
How do you lot keep your car connected to wifi? Looking at my router logs, mine seems to disconnect usually in 7 minutes, more often than not. There are some instances when it has stayed on for up to 20 mins but rarely more. This morning at 3 AM, out of sheer desperation and lack of sleep, I sat in my car with music and air running drowned in optimism but sure enough, it kicked off the wifi in 20 mins with me sitting in there. I had to hit the icon to reconnect it again. Alas, no update after all. I have the same problem with LTE as well. Every time I get back to the car, it is in some sort of deep sleep and says no connectivity for about 30 seconds until I start driving it.

Reactions: Pkmmte
I have owned the car since June 30 and no update. No matter what public communication goes out, I have learned to just wait Tesla out in their rollouts of anything (car, firmware, accessories, etc.). Waiting is also not such a bad thing with updates as others will have tested it out for you before you get it. I really don't want to be among the first to receive an update so I am fine waiting for it. If it gets into December or January and most others have received it, and you haven't - then you should probably talk to the SC. Otherwise we all should just wait our turn.

Reactions: mhan00 and heems
I have owned the car since June 30 and no update. No matter what public communication goes out, I have learned to just wait Tesla out in their rollouts of anything (car, firmware, accessories, etc.). Waiting is also not such a bad thing with updates as others will have tested it out for you before you get it. I really don't want to be among the first to receive an update so I am fine waiting for it. If it gets into December or January and most others have received it, and you haven't - then you should probably talk to the SC. Otherwise we all should just wait our turn.
I'm all for waiting my turn and I see nothing wrong with it taking weeks or even a month to roll out updates. But any longer than that seems excessive. It will also be nice if they ever implement the feature to request and update. Maybe it will save it from automatically going to people that aren't eager to update early in the release.

How do you lot keep your car connected to wifi? Looking at my router logs, mine seems to disconnect usually in 7 minutes, more often than not. There are some instances when it has stayed on for up to 20 mins but rarely more. This morning at 3 AM, out of sheer desperation and lack of sleep, I sat in my car with music and air running drowned in optimism but sure enough, it kicked off the wifi in 20 mins with me sitting in there. I had to hit the icon to reconnect it again. Alas, no update after all. I have the same problem with LTE as well. Every time I get back to the car, it is in some sort of deep sleep and says no connectivity for about 30 seconds until I start driving it.

The car goes to sleep, and when it does it disconnects from WiFi. It’s supposed to wake up every so often to reconnect and check for updates/changes, I think.