Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.x (Version 9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same problem. It works on WiFi but not on LTE so I think it's the LTE connection actually. In addition, it's affecting the voice commands which works on WiFi too.
Same problem as the rest - song plays for a few seconds then on to the next song, then the next...every few seconds. 3 reboots to fix it twice.

Coming out of a parking garage today, in downtown and it took a good 10 minutes to find a signal, when my cell phone on the same network had a signal while in the garage and again outside. My wife was not happy that I applied this update. Lots of good things in it, but wow, the stereo and LTE connectivity seems to be a mess.

FYI, my web browser worked fine when I had LTE service.

They're on the right of the screen now which is pretty stupid. Putting anything useful further away from the driver side seems counter-intuitive.

Thanks! Will look for them.

Also, I noticed that while the surrounding vehicles are correctly id'd (via their onscreen representation) for the most part ... a Tesla shows up as a generic car icon as well. I would've imagined it isn't all that difficult to id a MS/MX/M3 :)

Has anyone else noticed a reduction in sensitivity in the ultrasonic sensors? I seem to see less the side ripples when driving. I also noticed chimes don't happen as often when getting close. Pretty sure I don't need random tall grass showing a ripple but curbs and other solid things I do.

Of course, as I imagined, I got the notice for the new update this morning but am out of town until Thursday.

Trying to decide if I should ask my wife to run the update or wait until I get back. I have heard Tesla has pulled updates in the past if not installed - does anyone have concrete knowledge and how long after the notice they pull it?

I am concerned if I asked my wife and the update fails. I know it's a small likelihood (although happened to me before), but don't want her blaming herself if it does happen or having her deal with Tesla.

Hey TT97,

You may not have to worry about missing a software update after installing V9. It looks like it will allow you the option to start the upload via your phone app.

Yes, I'm aware of that, which makes this update notice even more fustrating - next one I can just push from the phone and not involve my wife (other than she'll get a warning the install is about to start).

Of course, as I imagined, I got the notice for the new update this morning but am out of town until Thursday.

Trying to decide if I should ask my wife to run the update or wait until I get back. I have heard Tesla has pulled updates in the past if not installed - does anyone have concrete knowledge and how long after the notice they pull it?

I am concerned if I asked my wife and the update fails. I know it's a small likelihood (although happened to me before), but don't want her blaming herself if it does happen or having her deal with Tesla.

I'd probably go ahead and have the wife do it. Judging by how quickly this update has been pushed I'm guessing it has a low failure rate. If it does fail you have a head start getting it pushed a second time.

I'd probably go ahead and have the wife do it. Judging by how quickly this update has been pushed I'm guessing it has a low failure rate. If it does fail you have a head start getting it pushed a second time.

I had my wife install and went through no problem. It's going to be a long few days until I get back home.

On a side note, I have been in Boston two days and have yet to see a Tesla (then again, I haven't seen many BMWs or MBs either). I always forget about the bubble California is when it comes to cars.

Just looked up notification history on my phone, and there was SW available yesterday 4:00 am.
Nothing on the car, and i'm on wi-fi.

Advice?

Do you have an icon that looks like this on the top corner of the center screen?

02AA3B54-FBBD-4450-8A42-92E4865696BC.jpeg

If so, click on it to update. If not, can't help you.