Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.x (Version 9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just started my v9 installation and it's just sitting there at 'Starting install'. I'm pretty sure other updates have started doing things right away. Is this normal for a large update like this?

Update: Well now it say 'Update completed, checking status'. So I think that was too quick to be a successful v9 install. Unless it's the system checks that take so long. A lot of buzzing and clicking going on. With others saying it tooks about 20 minutes to complete I thought I was either in the failure group or I only received a minor update. All these system tests make me hopeful.

Aaaaand we have 2018.39.7!

Last edited:
Folks- Version 9 autopilot on anything other than highway is not on par w HW1 AP mobileye in my opinion currently. Pretty disappointing since I bought the car 2 years ago based upon my experience w HW1. Prior software to v9 was ahead.

We are now behind again...2 steps forward one step back.

Many have reported some issues on local roads with V9, and I have also seen it do some dangerous things in spots that were fine with the latest 8.1 builds. I've also seen reports that it gets better, perhaps after cameras are fully calibrated.

My take is this build is doing a lot of new stuff and it will take a while for the kinks to get worked out. Keep your hands on the wheel folks! (You should be doing this anyways)

Reactions: mhan00 and outdoors
Few big differences I notice:

Lane change activated on a solid line before dashed markers will now execute the lane change when dashed lines are detected and the lane change is available. Previously, the lane change had to be reinitiated if initiated too early.

The car will display other car models at appropriate orientations, show the curved driving lane, and attempt to make a 90 degree turn, such as when making a turn at a stoplight. Previously would get red hands and crazy lane markers before starting the turn.

No expected arrival battery percentage is displayed on the compressed navigation list.

Last edited:
Just got the update this morning. Not driven it yet. I saw a thread either here or on reditt on the calendar view - that it was showing up for some and not for others. I found this option that I hadn't seen shared before.

The question I have - has anyone been able to see their calendar details on a ios when using Outlook? My diary isn't in ios but in outlook on the phone.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 9DAD8627-7FF4-4AAD-B90C-F4DF3A996DC1.jpeg
    9DAD8627-7FF4-4AAD-B90C-F4DF3A996DC1.jpeg
    679.4 KB · Views: 78
Many have reported some issues on local roads with V9, and I have also seen it do some dangerous things in spots that were fine with the latest 8.1 builds.

Where are those reports? I thought I was reading quite a bit about v9, but haven't seen many complaints on local road; if anything I keep reading (and experienced myself last night) the better experience on local roads since auto lane changes now works.
I am curious to read more about this.

Slacker radio stopped working after update. Anyone else have this issue?

My playlists and music working perfect.

V9 is the best! Slacker updated to randomize songs! Biggest slacker feature yet for my playlists!

By the way that Atari only comes with 4 games.

They also rearranged the odometer when you swipe left on the bottom left of screen. It is in reverse order! Much improved and organized.

Attachments

• 15394467017973057897982572857033.jpg
    15394467017973057897982572857033.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 56
As others have said that's been the case for a while. But it did take a long time to turn off. Perhaps it turns off quicker now and before you were too impatient to wait for it to do it automatically.

V8 it would change lanes and keep blinking long enough for me to go "Oh, it's still blinking. I should turn that off." then actually moving my hand and having to manually turn it off. I mean, I guess maybe it would've stopped eventually, but it sure didn't do it by itself in any reasonable amount of time- never saw it do it automatically even once though I didn't let it sit like that for minutes or anything.

V9 it completes the change and it's off before I even think about it. I only realized this changed because I'd gotten used to V8 and when I reflexively moved to turn it off realized it already was off.

Another bug:

On 39.7 when I get into car, Slacker has a “Loading error” and you have to tap retry to get it started. Never had this issue on 36.2, 39.5 or 39.6.

I’ve noticed this over the past 2 or 3 days as well.

Just got the update this morning. Not driven it yet. I saw a thread either here or on reditt on the calendar view - that it was showing up for some and not for others. I found this option that I hadn't seen shared before.

The question I have - has anyone been able to see their calendar details on a ios when using Outlook? My diary isn't in ios but in outlook on the phone.

I’m pretty sure it will only sync with the native calendar and not calendars from any third party apps. Why not setup an Exchange connection and just sync the calendar stuff the built-in calendar app on your phone?