Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.x (Version 9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d say don’t bother them with that. Time is a valuable resource for them, and having a bunch of owners calling to have an update pushed to them a few days early just seems like a silly waste of their time. Unless the time lag for the update gets truly ridiculous (weeks) I don’t see the issue with just being a little patient. If you have another, more serious issue, that you need to call them about then I don’t see the harm in asking about getting a push while addressing the other thing, but otherwise I’d say just wait. I understand the impatience (my 3 is still on 36.2) but the car works great without it, so ultimately we are talking about a new toy, not something essential.

Well my car was in for service so i asked but they said its not allowing them to push out the new update yet. Pushing software updates is probably the easiest function of their job though Ive literally had updates pushed out in the past within a min or so of talking to them so its not an energy intensive task for them other than handling the phone calls id imagine they would get.

Amen. The need for immediate gratification reminds me of a tenant I had a long time ago when I had a rental. She actually called me at 1 am in the morning to tell me the light in her refrigerator had burned out !!!! She wasn't drunk either. Somehow that "really important" call couldn't wait till the next day. After hundreds of requests, Tesla doesn't want to hear these calls at any time of the day when there are other real problems to solve.
I would not call them unless you are 2 months behind. I think the standard answer will be to wait your turn. BUT, Tesla does have a very easy solution to the problem and that is to do what Elon said they would do and provide an option in the Tesla App to request the latest firmware. Then all of the non-sense would be over.

This Picture is from a Model S, it should give you an idea of the intent, even though it'll look different on the Model 3.
v9-jpg.341207
Is there anyone else on V9 that can see even cars behind them with so much detail? Mine doesn't

So if I I got in an accident I could hit the icon and theoretically it should dump to the flash drive the last ten minutes of video?

actually, I've tested this even if you don't remember to hit SAVE if you just pull out the USB the last hour of video will be saved in 1 minute clips on there - which could be handy in case you were in an accident and couldn't hit save.

Been asked and answered before.
The browser doesn’t allow streaming.

Yep, I ran an HTML5 test in the browser on my 3 and it gave the same results that you get when performing the test in an S or X (since it’s the same browser). The Tesla browser failed every single video and audio test since it does not support those functions.

Tesla is trickling the updates as to not have some larger issue to deal with if bugs exists.

Exactly, and I'm glad they are, much as I'd like the new features. Aside from the inconvenience if there are issues, just imagine the headlines - "Tesla bricks vehicles with OTA update" - overnight it would just be more troll and short ammunition for why Tesla sucks. We don't need more food for the morons. Trickling is a very smart risk-management move.