Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.x (Version 9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TeslaFi pulls the info from the Tesla API, naturally, it needs to poll the car to provide to the info to TeslaFi. As far as I know, there is no direct connection from TeslaFi to the car and it is done through Tesla.

(The extent of my IT abilities is understanding Excel so someone with knowledge of what APIs are may be able to provide better insight).
yup, agree. That is what I meant. The data comes from the car via the api. Just didn't want people to think it might be coming from a Tesla database somewhere :)

Reactions: TT97
I think I know what the confusion is here, I think you're speaking about Model S/X and @PoitNarf is talking about Model 3. Model 3 does not have temperature adjusting functionality on the right scroll wheel. Nor does it have a menu button on the steering wheel.

Model 3's right scroll wheel does Autopilot speed control and follow distance. In v9 it stays the same and so the swiping on the screen for temperature adjustment is a welcome change for us :)

Yes, you got that right. Thanks for clarifying. Not sure how I even got into the M3 forum. Sorry about that, but you cleared it up nicely.

Reactions: tracksyde and DDotJ
Sure... you know exactly how you got into the Model 3 forum! You kept clicking NEW POSTS on top and as soon as you saw it was about Version 9 you went to look what's there! How do I know this? I am not telling you! :cool:
Close, but no cigar. :D I don't click new posts. After I looked closer, it seems that from several months ago I was watching posts in M3 for a couple of things since we were considering a 2nd car at that time. When I see the little red notification on the bell icon, I click it. So I guess there are several ways to jump into another forum and forget where I am. I sort of wish there were a more obvious way to see the forum name instead of that tiny print at the top which I forget to look at.

A lot of usages every day (this is for the last 12 hours) but no big download for the ver. 9....... still waiting and watching.

M3.JPG

Anyone get the service center to push?

I’d say don’t bother them with that. Time is a valuable resource for them, and having a bunch of owners calling to have an update pushed to them a few days early just seems like a silly waste of their time. Unless the time lag for the update gets truly ridiculous (weeks) I don’t see the issue with just being a little patient. If you have another, more serious issue, that you need to call them about then I don’t see the harm in asking about getting a push while addressing the other thing, but otherwise I’d say just wait. I understand the impatience (my 3 is still on 36.2) but the car works great without it, so ultimately we are talking about a new toy, not something essential.

Please don't bother service people with this stuff. They have legitimate stuff to be working on.
Amen. The need for immediate gratification reminds me of a tenant I had a long time ago when I had a rental. She actually called me at 1 am in the morning to tell me the light in her refrigerator had burned out !!!! She wasn't drunk either. Somehow that "really important" call couldn't wait till the next day. After hundreds of requests, Tesla doesn't want to hear these calls at any time of the day when there are other real problems to solve.

Amen. The need for immediate gratification reminds me of a tenant I had a long time ago when I had a rental. She actually called me at 1 am in the morning to tell me the light in her refrigerator had burned out !!!! She wasn't drunk either. Somehow that "really important" call couldn't wait till the next day. After hundreds of requests, Tesla doesn't want to hear these calls at any time of the day when there are other real problems to solve.

I got a tenant that replaced a old dishwasher and didn’t even bother telling me about the issue until I noticed the dishwasher was different.

Yeah.. not even thinking of rising rent even net net, would have been more $ than replacing the dishwasher and all the other break fixes.

I got a tenant that replaced a old dishwasher and didn’t even bother telling me about the issue until I noticed the dishwasher was different.

Yeah.. not even thinking of rising rent even net net, would have been more $ than replacing the dishwasher and all the other break fixes.
That sounds like me. I got management blessing though to replace the dishwasher with one that I paid for with insured professional installers, etc etc.

I'm sorry, I don't expect much but need an electric car and a dishwasher I can't hear running. And oh yeah the latest Tesla update. Not asking for much ;-)

My landlord doesn't have it quite THAT good, but I usually diagnose and repair things and just email a copy of the receipt and deduct from rent. The only time I say "Nope, not doing this" is when it involves plumbing or heavy labor :p

As a result, when I said "Do you care if I get an outlet installed for an electric car?", I got "As long as the house doesn't burn down immediately, go for it" as a reply

My landlord doesn't have it quite THAT good, but I usually diagnose and repair things and just email a copy of the receipt and deduct from rent. The only time I say "Nope, not doing this" is when it involves plumbing or heavy labor :p

As a result, when I said "Do you care if I get an outlet installed for an electric car?", I got "As long as the house doesn't burn down immediately, go for it" as a reply

Well done... don't forget to apply for the $500 Clean Fuel Rebate from PG&E :cool:

Electric vehicle (EV) rebates

Reactions: run-the-joules