Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok,
Thought this was obvious. Not all drivers are Tesla experts. For example. A husband, who always washes his wife’s car, puts the wipers in service mode before leaving town, but forgets to turn it off in the menu which now has priority because some shortsighted guy on TMC convinced Tesla to change it. His wife gets in the car and backs out of the driveway. She has no idea how to get it out of service mode. She turns the wiper controls on the stalk with no success. Suddenly there’s a downpour and long story short, she is killed in a head-on collision. At the gravesite, her husband shakes his fist in the air yelling “damn that AWDtsla dude on TMC. If it weren’t for him she’d still be here.”

Dude, stop and think about this for a minute. If the wipers are service mode, they're in the middle of the windshield. Put the car in drive, or toggle the wipers, it exits service mode, wipers go down. Nobody is dead. It's f***ing amazing.

Reactions: StefanSarzio
You select service mode, it enables service mode but NOTHING HAPPENS. This a blatant UX design bug.

Having the wiper control take priority over service mode makes ZERO sense. This is just nuts. But hey, maybe you're related to the developer at Tesla that implemented this feature?
Ok,
I’ll omit the snarky sarcasm.
Clearly not a bug. It is deliberate and is listed as part of the process in the manual...
92422904-11E3-4753-9055-77397D8CA315.jpeg

Ok,
I’ll omit the snarky sarcasm.
Clearly not a bug. It is deliberate and is listed as part of the process in the manual...
View attachment 405326

Documenting s**ty code doesn't make it better. You should be able to throw out the manual and the car should work intuitively.

The only thing more infuriating that how hamfistedly this is implemented by Tesla is this conversation.

I had intermittent connectivity to wifi the other day while parked and music playing off USB just completely stopped for 10 seconds at a time when it tried to connect to wifi and failed repeatedly, over and over. OS prioritisation issues... Meanwhile I still reliably get the passenger seat heater disabled every time I shift from park to reverse or drive. The cascade of attention deficit teenagers programming this stuff are amazing at (phantom) br(e)aking things that have worked previously. At least autopilot is a significantly better behaved on urban roads now. Phantom braking still persists on the highway though which is where AP should excel by now. It also really loves watching the other lanes and politely slowing down for other cars that haven't even realised themselves that they may change lanes at some stage in the foreseeable future.

Reactions: unbelievable
I have 8.4 right now. I got an update yesterday. I'm scared to update it because I don't want to lose my ludicrous. Is it worth the risk? Are people losing ludicrous after updating?

Don’t update. You’ll lose max battery and launch mode if you have a P90 or P85. I wish I would have known prior to updating mine. Now I have to wait for Tesla to fix the issue.

Its AP-1 and 2 maybe .1 and 2.5 and 3 get and model 3 get .2, I'm in the first camp AP-1.

Not quite true. I have AP2.5 and am on 12.1.1.

i went from 2019.8.5 to 2019.12.1.1 today on my 2.0 Model S 75 - i thought 12.1.2 was the most current version. odd that I would get updated to one version behind. Maybe there's some issue with 12.1.2?

There are often multiple current versions, not just one. A lot can factor into which version is most current for you: AP, MCU, Model (X, S, 3), geographic region, and what appears to be pure randomness as well.