Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, 100% seem an increase I’d typically see 1 or 2% loss overnight however since 16.2 it’s between 8&10% I lost 4% yesterday afternoon just sat there is about 18c weather

Very odd indeed but so far seems to be the only issue with this update.

After 16.x update, I experienced a severe vampire loss in two different occasions due to Tesla running my coolant pumps twice and unsolicited to perform battery maintenance. But only twice. The detail is here

My car has the same problem and it did not resolve with the 2016.16.2 update. Any solutions on your end yet? I got an email from customer service yesterday stating it’s a camera calibration issue that needs a service center visit.
I recently got 2019.16.2 and it did not fix my issues. After more than a month without cruise control on the highway I made a video, and uploaded it to Youtube and Mega. Hopefully it helps give the issue the attention it deserves. I'm also hoping it will make my concerns clear for the SC for my upcoming visit.

Has the new "Advanced" software update option made a difference for anyone? I'm still on 2019.16.1.1 with "Advanced" selected but 2019.16.2 has been out for about a week now. According to TeslaFi, 67.5% of AP1 users are on 2019.16.2 and 8.8% are on 2019.16.1.1. Not a huge deal, but I just thought the whole point of selecting "Advanced" was to get updates quicker.

Has the new "Advanced" software update option made a difference for anyone? I'm still on 2019.16.1.1 with "Advanced" selected but 2019.16.2 has been out for about a week now. According to TeslaFi, 67.5% of AP1 users are on 2019.16.2 and 8.8% are on 2019.16.1.1. Not a huge deal, but I just thought the whole point of selecting "Advanced" was to get updates quicker.
Well, we have two cars on 16.2 running Advanced. Let’s see how quickly we get 16.3. :D

I have mine set to advanced and it's always on wifi in the garage. I haven't noticed a difference. still 16.2

Reactions: croman

That is why I have it on "standard" as I reckon that everyone else will be on "advanced". Just to test it. So far no update notice

Well, I just got the 2019.16.2 update. On the way to the store, I noticed on the Software section it indicated it was downloading an update but said I needed to connect to Wifi to resume the update. It was sitting at ~5-10% (just a very small portion of the progress bar filled). After I got home, I verified I was connected to wifi and after sitting there for about 10 minutes, the progress bar didn't move even though it said it was downloading. I run an Sophos XG firewall so I assigned the Model S to a firewall rule that bypasses everything, even though it's never been an issue in the past, and rebooted the MCU. After that, it started downloading and got to about ~90% percent and stopped again. I let it sit for about 30 mins but nothing happened. I ended up rebooting the MCU again thinking maybe it got stuck but that didn't do anything. After about an hour, I got a notification an update was available.

All that to say, not sure if my firewall was an issue because it never was in the past (maybe just coincidence when I restarted the MCU). It also appears the download might look like it's stuck at almost completion and sit there for a while before you get an update notification. It doesn't look like "Advanced" made much of a difference for me. I'm still receiving the latest update about 1-2 weeks later when the last bunch gets pushed updates based on watching TeslaFi.

Last edited:
Bay Area, got 2019.16.2 for my pre AP MS... which brought nothing new lol

Attachments

• IMG_1244.JPG
    IMG_1244.JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 74
I have mine set to advanced and it's always on wifi in the garage. I haven't noticed a difference. still 16.2

I was on 16.2 and advanced. Had 16.3 pushed to my MS with AP2.0 first thing this morning.

Upgraded by App as I'm at the opposite end of the UK to my car this AM. So no Release notes, I'm expecting only bug fixes. Especially as Nav on AP has been very flakey in the UK when you include the EU limited capabilities.

I have 2019.5.17 on my new HW3 MX and won't he upgrading that until the MS proves it no longer wants to kill me by swerving all over the road when abandoning lane changes due to the regulation 5 sec EU limit.

Reactions: OPRCE
I recently got 2019.16.2 and it did not fix my issues. After more than a month without cruise control on the highway I made a video, and uploaded it to Youtube and Mega. Hopefully it helps give the issue the attention it deserves. I'm also hoping it will make my concerns clear for the SC for my upcoming visit.

That’s a great description of the issue. Thank you for posting. My service appointment is June 7.