Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a 3 mile stretch of HOV/PayForUse lane that NOA wants to exit the HOV lane only to get right back in at the same point everyday. Not conditional in any way just location based. I have just gotten used to turning NOA off when I get close and back on after I pass it otherwise the blinker fix works for maybe a 1/4 mile and then beeps and insists on a lane change over and over. I have sent videos to Tesla Support and the responses back are as if they had read a different email along with a line “a future software update should fix this” . \i/.
I don't use NOA unless I'm driving somewhere (roadtrip) I've never been before and don't know the way well. It helps you position the car in the correct lane to make exchanges/exits correctly. That's about it. For daily commute I just use AP without NoA.... I don't need it telling me what lane to get in driving the same route back and forth to work. I normally just get in the HOV lane, set the AP and enjoy. The only time I have to make adjustments is when the speed limit drops to 55 which will cause it to brake so I disengage to not get rear-ended or harassed by angry drivers behind me... The only other reasons I disengage is to maneuver around a blocked lane (stalls/wrecks, etc) or if I have a tailgater that wants to go faster than 80 (I'll sometimes disengage to move out of their way rather than allowing AP to change lanes since it sometimes takes too long)

I don't use NOA unless I'm driving somewhere (roadtrip) I've never been before and don't know the way well. It helps you position the car in the correct lane to make exchanges/exits correctly. That's about it. For daily commute I just use AP without NoA.... I don't need it telling me what lane to get in driving the same route back and forth to work. I normally just get in the HOV lane, set the AP and enjoy. The only time I have to make adjustments is when the speed limit drops to 55 which will cause it to brake so I disengage to not get rear-ended or harassed by angry drivers behind me... The only other reasons I disengage is to maneuver around a blocked lane (stalls/wrecks, etc) or if I have a tailgater that wants to go faster than 80 (I'll sometimes disengage to move out of their way rather than allowing AP to change lanes since it sometimes takes too long)

There are 2 major transitions on my commute and I have tried to let NOA handle them just for curiosity and to see how they work. As an Atlantan and based on how well NOA handles dense traffic you can probably guess how well that has worked out with my work commute LOL LOL LOL

Reactions: SeminoleFSU
Could it be...? My web browser has not locked up once since updating to 2019.5.15. In the past, I would have to reboot every time I wanted to use Tesla Waze. I've been flipping though various web pages and loading Tesla Waze for days, and not one web browser issue. The performance even seems snappier. Fingers crossed.

Maybe 2019.5.16 went back to satellite view? Can only think of the premium connectivity is expiring soon to make the maps change?

Attachments

• 20190312_122649.jpg
    20190312_122649.jpg
    730.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 20190312_123352.jpg
    20190312_123352.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: Gt1948
There are 2 major transitions on my commute and I have tried to let NOA handle them just for curiosity and to see how they work. As an Atlantan and based on how well NOA handles dense traffic you can probably guess how well that has worked out with my work commute LOL LOL LOL
Indeed! :) The "pick the fastest lane" and "prefer HOV lane" need some work... I think they're handy for roadtrips but for routes you know well it makes AP do weird things that undermine the overall AP experience rather than add to.

Reactions: boonedocks
Could it be...? My web browser has not locked up once since updating to 2019.5.15. In the past, I would have to reboot every time I wanted to use Tesla Waze. I've been flipping though various web pages and loading Tesla Waze for days, and not one web browser issue. The performance even seems snappier. Fingers crossed.
I've noticed my car runs into issues sometimes when it joins my home WiFi... It's almost like the transition of the data connection from LTE to WiFi causes the session to time out, then when you switch back to LTE your session is in a limbo state... I think the browser sometimes just crashes too and won't load any page... Having said all that I have noticed lately I've had to reboot less and Tesla Waze is still working.. or seems to be. Even after connecting to my home wifi

can someone confirm if going to the HVAC screen / seat warmer screen doesnt cause the HVAC to turn on every time you hit the fan button?

With 5.16, when I went to turn on the driver's seat warmer, it turned on the heat as well. Unfortunate. However, the HVAC didn't turn on, simply because I clicked the fan icon to bring up the HVAC/Seat Heater screen.

Hopefully I answered what you were asking. :)

With 5.16, when I went to turn on the driver's seat warmer, it turned on the heat as well. Unfortunate. However, the HVAC didn't turn on, simply because I clicked the fan icon to bring up the HVAC/Seat Heater screen.

Hopefully I answered what you were asking. :)

Wait really? I am on a 2018 build still. Currently when I hit the driver seat warmer, it does NOT turn on the HVAC. But if I hit the fan to bring up the screen to turn on rear seat warmers, steering wheel..etc, it will turn on the HVAC.

So NOW you are saying that this issue has now switched to hitting the driver seat warmer and the HVAC turns on while hitting the fan doesnt?

If so, that is EVEN more annoying.

Wait really? I am on a 2018 build still. Currently when I hit the driver seat warmer, it does NOT turn on the HVAC. But if I hit the fan to bring up the screen to turn on rear seat warmers, steering wheel..etc, it will turn on the HVAC.

So NOW you are saying that this issue has now switched to hitting the driver seat warmer and the HVAC turns on while hitting the fan doesnt?

If so, that is EVEN more annoying.

I just went out there to test it again. The first time had to have been a glitch, because I can’t replicate it now. Sorry, I should have more thoroughly tested it.

Edit: When initially testing it, I turned on the seat heater from the “fan menu” (as opposed to the seat heater on the bottom of the screen). I could have done it so quickly that the fan hadn’t had time to kick on yet, so it seemed like the fan turned on upon hitting the seat warmer button.

The answer to your question is that nothing has changed. Fan button still turns on HVAC, which is annoying if trying to simply turn on rear seat heaters/heated steering/wipers. (Which I’m assuming is your gripe with it)

Maybe only way to do that w/o turning on fan is with the app? Tho that would require fiddling with the phone, which could be interpreted as a no-no in some states...

I just went out there to test it again. The first time had to have been a glitch, because I can’t replicate it now. Sorry, I should have more thoroughly tested it.

Edit: When initially testing it, I turned on the seat heater from the “fan menu” (as opposed to the seat heater on the bottom of the screen). I could have done it so quickly that the fan hadn’t had time to kick on yet, so it seemed like the fan turned on upon hitting the seat warmer button.

The answer to your question is that nothing has changed. Fan button still turns on HVAC, which is annoying if trying to simply turn on rear seat heaters/heated steering/wipers. (Which I’m assuming is your gripe with it)

Maybe only way to do that w/o turning on fan is with the app? Tho that would require fiddling with the phone, which could be interpreted as a no-no in some states...

Hey thanks for going through the effort. Yes, that is my gripe. So dumb that HVAC turns on when i want to go and turn on rear seat warmers or the steering wheel warmer. Hopefully 1 day they will come up with something better.

again thanks for the effort.

Reactions: Schoms
Thanks, good to know. I've given up rebooting to fix the browser for Waze. Not worth it since it happens so often (release 50.6).

Interesting experience with warning chime and collision avoidance. I was not using AP or TACC, flipped signal to change lanes and got red line / red car located just to front-right of mine. I began manually changing lanes and that car slowed passing me a bit, causing it to be "too" close. First the warning chime sounded, then I felt the car pull back toward my original lane. It literally auto-steered and adjusted for me to avoid getting any closer to car passing in other lane. I've never felt auto-steer compensate when I was not using AP. Very cool to know it's looking out for me!