Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is incorrect, ive tried to pass this info on in different threads. You can/could deny the lane change request by doing the turn signal in the opposite direction. You can/could lift the stalk to slightly or full... This is on all previous versions with NOA.

Partially true. It will keep coming back shortly after you do that until you have passed the reason it wants to change lanes. Very annoying

Actually, on the new update, whenever a lane change is suggested, you can deny/suspend by tapping on the screen where indicated. I noticed this when on AP the other day after I had updated my software. No need to turn or lift the stalk in anyway.

They want you to take your eyes off the road and at least one hand off the wheel and hit a small button target on the screen to prevent an action by NoA? That seems unsafe. If you're interfering, it's probably because conditions are difficult/dangerous in some way. They should never require you to take your eyes off the road or hands off the wheel.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
They want you to take your eyes off the road and at least one hand off the wheel and hit a small button target on the screen to prevent an action by NoA? That seems unsafe. If you're interfering, it's probably because conditions are difficult/dangerous in some way. They should never require you to take your eyes off the road or hands off the wheel.

Maybe someone with the new update can check to see if the turn stalk still cancels the NOA suggestions. Maybe with the new one the turn stalk will behave the same as hitting the button.

• Disagree
Reactions: boaterva

Yeah, agreed. I'll play around with it on my way home and report back.

Fair point. it did do that on occasion.

There is a 3 mile stretch of HOV/PayForUse lane that NOA wants to exit the HOV lane only to get right back in at the same point everyday. Not conditional in any way just location based. I have just gotten used to turning NOA off when I get close and back on after I pass it otherwise the blinker fix works for maybe a 1/4 mile and then beeps and insists on a lane change over and over. I have sent videos to Tesla Support and the responses back are as if they had read a different email along with a line “a future software update should fix this” . \i/.

Hmm, yeah - shame... AP2.0 here, 2019.4.3. I turned off autopilot after about 5 minutes and did the drive manually... it's so jumpy and twitchy, all that phantom braking... it'll get me rear-ended...

Shame, the 2018 builds from about last March onwards were pretty solid, at least at doing what it did...