Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting experience with warning chime and collision avoidance. I was not using AP or TACC, flipped signal to change lanes and got red line / red car located just to front-right of mine. I began manually changing lanes and that car slowed passing me a bit, causing it to be "too" close. First the warning chime sounded, then I felt the car pull back toward my original lane. It literally auto-steered and adjusted for me to avoid getting any closer to car passing in other lane. I've never felt auto-steer compensate when I was not using AP. Very cool to know it's looking out for me!

That would be SCA, or Side Collision Avoidance, not Autosteer.

Note: You get SCA even if you don't buy AP.

• Helpful
Reactions: SoCal Buzz
Hmm, yeah - shame... AP2.0 here, 2019.4.3. I turned off autopilot after about 5 minutes and did the drive manually... it's so jumpy and twitchy, all that phantom braking... it'll get me rear-ended...

Shame, the 2018 builds from about last March onwards were pretty solid, at least at doing what it did...

I have a 2018 build with AP 2.5 and the TACC is jumpy as hell on 5.15. Unusable and dangerous. It accels and breaks so much it makes me queasy. Off until software fix.

Really. I'm on AP 2.0 and 2018.50. I use Auto pilot a good 90% of the time with few issues. I'm so use to it that when it's not on I sometimes forget to steer.

Yep - you'll experience the jumpy phantom braking when you update to 2019.4 or later...

@BPSoCal was meaning that his car was physically built in 2018, but running software version 2019.5.15

Enjoy 2018.50 and the smoothness that it had. Hopefully they'll fix things and it'll get back to being usable in the next update.

Reactions: BPSoCal
Yep - you'll experience the jumpy phantom braking when you update to 2019.4 or later...

@BPSoCal was meaning that his car was physically built in 2018, but running software version 2019.5.15

Enjoy 2018.50 and the smoothness that it had. Hopefully they'll fix things and it'll get back to being usable in the next update.
Don't think I'll be updating until they have a 2019.x.y build that has the bugs worked out. Just hope I'm not still waiting when 2020.x.y rolls around.

• Funny
Reactions: BPSoCal and Hbrink
Well, sorry to report that 2019.8.3 didn’t fix the jerkiness of accel/decel on TACC. I’ve bug reported the heck out of that. Hopefully more people do so it can go back to what it was.

As per the other thread about this, I didn't see the problem you report on 19.8.3 and I don't see it on 19.8.4 either.

TACC is completely smooth for me (2018, HW2.5, TACC set to 3 lengths)

Reactions: MorrisonHiker