Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2020.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is FSD acting weird for anyone else on this version? I'm getting "changing lanes to follow route" 20 miles before an exit - followed by oscillation between that and "changing lanes to a faster lane". Sometimes it oscillates too fast for the actual lane change so it's signal on for 3 beats, signal off for one beat, repeat. And sometimes it tries to change lanes into the side of a truck... Anyways, interesting drive in to work this morning.

Is FSD acting weird for anyone else on this version? I'm getting "changing lanes to follow route" 20 miles before an exit - followed by oscillation between that and "changing lanes to a faster lane". Sometimes it oscillates too fast for the actual lane change so it's signal on for 3 beats, signal off for one beat, repeat. And sometimes it tries to change lanes into the side of a truck... Anyways, interesting drive in to work this morning.
not here. Working fine.

Haven't notice new visualizations per se, but they are much more smoothly rendered (higher frame rate). Also, their position is more accurate relative to the car. For example, a garbage can used to render next to the car after I had already passed it (lag); now, the garbage can looks like it passes the car as I am passing it. Complex intersections also appear more accurate with higher frame rate (lights, lanes, lane turn arrows, cars, etc.).

I don't have FSD but I'm starting to see some major issues when I engage AutoPilot (AP1) in my 2016.5 model S. The car literally jerks to the left and at times will go into the left lane then jerks back over when it realizes its crossing the lane and then stabilizes after awhile. Thank god with Covid19 and less ppl on the roads, but could definitely get into a major accident.

Brought it into service TWICE now and they have no solution. Anyone else seeing this on a similar model car???

• Informative
Reactions: SteveS1979
I don't have FSD but I'm starting to see some major issues when I engage AutoPilot (AP1) in my 2016.5 model S. The car literally jerks to the left and at times will go into the left lane then jerks back over when it realizes its crossing the lane and then stabilizes after awhile. Thank god with Covid19 and less ppl on the roads, but could definitely get into a major accident.

Brought it into service TWICE now and they have no solution. Anyone else seeing this on a similar model car???

Are you going over a crest at the time the car jerks over the lane? I always had this issue in my late-2014 Model S.

Has anyone else noticed the new visualizations on 2020.12?
Interesting. On a side note, I am wishful that your future videos will be done by someone else in the car rather than you driving around at night, in the rain, filming and talking :D Possible death from Coronavirus will probably be the least of your problems. Good observation though.:)

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc