Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 8.1 2018.32.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the 32.6 upgrade yesterday, and my car has behaved strangely since. When I went into the garage last night I noticed that the coolant pumps were running (even though the car was not yet charging and it had been hours since it was driven). Occasionally there was a "clunk", the pumps paused, and then restarted again. I also got a notification that the car had restarted charging a second time in the middle of the night once after the charge was already complete. When I got into the car the next morning, the screen remained blank and I had to do a reset to bring it back to life.

Just now the car is again sitting in the garage with the coolant pumps constantly running.

I never had any of these symptoms with the previous version (28.5). It's of course possible that it's just a coincidence, but has anyone else seen something like this with 32.6?

• Informative
Reactions: SJC3
I received the 32.6 upgrade yesterday, and my car has behaved strangely since. When I went into the garage last night I noticed that the coolant pumps were running (even though the car was not yet charging and it had been hours since it was driven). Occasionally there was a "clunk", the pumps paused, and then restarted again. I also got a notification that the car had restarted charging a second time in the middle of the night once after the charge was already complete. When I got into the car the next morning, the screen remained blank and I had to do a reset to bring it back to life.

Just now the car is again sitting in the garage with the coolant pumps constantly running.

I never had any of these symptoms with the previous version (28.5). It's of course possible that it's just a coincidence, but has anyone else seen something like this with 32.6?

What was your previous rev? Maybe you're hearing the overheating protection kicking in?

Coolant pumps run anytime the 12 volt converter and the computers are powered up. The car can wake up randomly to do all sorts of housekeeping sort of stuff, like download map tiles, upload logs, or maintain the 12volt battery charge. However I've also noticed it stays awake much more often since version 32.x, like almost anytime I wake it up with the app, it stays awake for an hour or so. I don't see a lot of network traffic except it keeps pinging the server "daws.tesla.services" over and over on my Wifi router.

I just got this update too.

So far, each time I got back in the car it has resumed playing my last song from my USB flash drive. I hope they actually fixed that !

Previously it was more likely to switch to trying to play things from my Bluetooth phone even though I always just want it to play USB music.

I just got this update too.

So far, each time I got back in the car it has resumed playing my last song from my USB flash drive. I hope they actually fixed that !

Previously it was more likely to switch to trying to play things from my Bluetooth phone even though I always just want it to play USB music.

I'm still on .2 and have the same problem. I hope this is true! Hopefully I'll get an update soon.

How do all these update versions work? I got my car 2 days ago and it immediately said software update so I did it when I got home. Not sure what it was on before but the update brought me to 32.5. Just confused as there's another thread on here people saying they "just" got 32.2 so just curious why people are all on different versions or how that works? Shouldn't I have got 32.6 as well?

How do all these update versions work? I got my car 2 days ago and it immediately said software update so I did it when I got home. Not sure what it was on before but the update brought me to 32.5. Just confused as there's another thread on here people saying they "just" got 32.2 so just curious why people are all on different versions or how that works? Shouldn't I have got 32.6 as well?
They push the software out in "Rings". Different cars are on different rings, and so the available updates are different. Imagine if they pushed out an update, all the cars got it, and applied the change, and there was a really bad bug. The way it is now, that really bad bug would only happen to a small percentage of the cars, and they have time to look at telemetry and get user feedback before releasing it out to more cars. In the past, they have pulled updates from being available after finding out that something was working incorrectly.

Supposedly they're going to have the ability to sign up to get on one of the faster rings. Not sure if it's available to do yet or not.

They push the software out in "Rings". Different cars are on different rings, and so the available updates are different. Imagine if they pushed out an update, all the cars got it, and applied the change, and there was a really bad bug. The way it is now, that really bad bug would only happen to a small percentage of the cars, and they have time to look at telemetry and get user feedback before releasing it out to more cars. In the past, they have pulled updates from being available after finding out that something was working incorrectly.

Supposedly they're going to have the ability to sign up to get on one of the faster rings. Not sure if it's available to do yet or not.

Nice that makes sense. Does that mean everyone will get all versions though? Like is 32.6 coming to me just when it gets to my ring? Or does it ever just bypass it and I get like 32.7 or something, where everyone is all on a different version?

Another thing that happened right after getting 32.6:
I offered me to start 14 day auto-pilot trial again. When I got previous version (32.4?) it has asked, but then it just aborted and never let me do the trial. This time with 32.6 it seems to work as I was able to use auto-steer this morning.
I had heard that the 14 day trial had some issues when they first launched it, so it seems like 32.6 may be trying again and making it work better.