Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update Available! HW2 car!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't see this posted here. Granted it's still "Musk time" but I'm hoping the HW2 fleet comes out of the "shadow" this weekend!
This also increases the probability that 36 is shadow, but you are right, nobody can be sure.
Hopefully in a few days these questions will be obsolete.

@elonmusk great! Can we expect activation in the remainder of HW2 fleet soon?

Elon MuskVerified account ‏@elonmusk 20h20 hours ago

@gavinnwaters Looking good so far. Should roll out this weekend.

9:11 AM - 19 Jan 2017
17 replies 16 retweets 190 likes

So I am on 2.52.120 and I dont see anything new with this update. I was complaining to support about not having adaptive cruise control and he said and I quote:

"Your vehicle is currently in a calibration process and the features will be available once calibration is complete. We currently do not have a time line for when the update will become active. We appreciate your patience as your vehicle goes through this process."

So maybe there is more to the .120 then we know or this guy in support is just BS'ing me. I did not see anything and no notice that my vehicle is in calibration.

My car was in shadow mode previously and I received an update notification today. I'll have more info after installing the update this afternoon.
Well that was disappointing. According to a Tesla tech, my car was already in shadow mode since the morning of 1/1 when I started hearing the fan noise from above the glove compartment. I just installed the update and am now on 2.52.120 and the release notes said it was just updates and minor bug fixes. Others with the same version have reported longer release notes, such as what I got a few weeks ago with the previous update. Hopefully this was just a quick update to get more card in sync and ready for THE big update that is coming soon.

We asked him while he was fixing our other Model S with AP1. We mentioned how we started hearing fans on 1/1 and he said that's where the new computer was located. Before 1/1 it wasn't making any noise.

Mine was making noise on pickup on 12/23/16 (2.48.204 fw got .180 3 days later on 12/26). I noted it on delivery and the service tech said it was the new computer but did not mention shadow mode (was not in Tesla lexicon at that time). They said it was normal (I thought it was the BMS since it was FREEZING cold but that apparently has a pump not a fan).