Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

software upgrade to 2023.44.30.**?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello to all Tesla families
Quick question:the Tesla steering is asking to counter torque the auto pilot steering to verify that you're there? After software upgrade to 2023.44.30.**?anyone has any experience about it?AP1.0 with MCU2
Thanks

I don't have that version but I can tell you I hate this update. I've gotten so many nag warnings that I regret updating. I had 3 in the first two miles, whereas on an entire day, I have none. I just look at the screen to change the streaming station and it nags me.I wish I could go back to the previous version.

I don't have that version but I can tell you I hate this update. I've gotten so many nag warnings that I regret updating. I had 3 in the first two miles, whereas on an entire day, I have none. I just look at the screen to change the streaming station and it nags me.I wish I could go back to the previous version.
What is your year model ? Do you have any updates info before your update? I just found my MS only showing Apple Podcasts and minor updates not any about Ap change info!I think I should be fine to update, but still waiting

What is your year model ? Do you have any updates info before your update? I just found my MS only showing Apple Podcasts and minor updates not any about Ap change info!I think I should be fine to update, but still waiting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 56
Do you have Autopilot 1 or 2.x-FSD?

Both my MS and MX have the updates pending. The MX states has FSD, and states the new updates (minus the cabin camera as mine is pre-cabin camera). My AP1 MS does not state anything about the Autopilot.
No way in heck I'm updating without being absolutely forced to. Nothing but bad reports about this update.

My car received 2023.44.30.4 today. Every time I now apply the brake at slow speed i get a warning / beep saying both pedals are engaged (not true)! Doesn’t do this with auto pilot (auto braking) engaged. Never had an issue like this in almost 4 years of ownership. Wish I could back out to prior release! opened a case to service but will is two weeks out. :/

My car received 2023.44.30.4 today. Every time I now apply the brake at slow speed i get a warning / beep saying both pedals are engaged (not true)! Doesn’t do this with auto pilot (auto braking) engaged. Never had an issue like this in almost 4 years of ownership. Wish I could back out to prior release! opened a case to service but will is two weeks out. :/

You probably have rebooted, pardon if I suggest that.

If so, ask the SvC to do a remote reinstall of the update.

what is your year model? mcu2?

I made a separate post about this in the “User Interface” forum, but I absolutely love this update to Autopilot. Previously, as everyone knows, the car required a consistent and annoying “force” applied to the yoke/steering wheel, and now this is NOT required. It seems for cars equipped with in-car cameras like mine, the primary source of verifying driver engagement is the in-car camera. I’ve tested this and more often than not, I don’t even have to have my hands on the wheel as long as I’m paying attention. I‘ve only had this for 4-5 days, so I may discover other annoyances, but at least I don’t have to yank the wheel every 30 seconds anymore like a neanderthal.

• Helpful
Reactions: aerodyne
Um. Today I was running 2023.44.30.2 with FSD turned on. I've heard the reports that the driver detection software around the torque on the steering wheel is a lot less. I hadn't actually had an alert of "no hands" over the past couple of days since getting this release, so was making an attempt to balance both hands on the wheel to see if the alert would pop up. (Car is a 2023 M3 LR AWD, HW3).

Eventually, it did pop up - but took quite a while. I think that Tesla has turned down the aggressiveness of the torque detector, but it still is monitoring.

As far as driving around with the car in FSD 11.4.9: It's somewhat less hesitant on left and right turns, in that it does come to a halt - but, when it goes, it goes much faster than 11.4.4, which I was driving earlier. On the downside, when doing UPLs, it's quite a bit jerkier.

Navigation is better, especially being able to select an alternate route while driving. And the parking visualization is much, much better when parking in lots and in the garage.

I'm not at all happy with 2023-44.30 due to the need to hold the wheel constantly. It keeps scolding me for not paying attention. There is no sound when it blinks blue to tell me I'm not holding the wheel. I just drove my 2023 M3 RWD from SC to NY for Christmas after getting the new version. I now have 2 strikes out of 5 - then I will be locked out... for a week? I will try suggestions here about disabling interior camera or just staring straight ahead instead of looking around. Maybe that will help. But they just sent Version 2023.44.30.5.1 which is a bug fix so maybe they fixed the hateful things... I hope.

I'm not at all happy with 2023-44.30 due to the need to hold the wheel constantly. It keeps scolding me for not paying attention. There is no sound when it blinks blue to tell me I'm not holding the wheel. I just drove my 2023 M3 RWD from SC to NY for Christmas after getting the new version. I now have 2 strikes out of 5 - then I will be locked out... for a week? I will try suggestions here about disabling interior camera or just staring straight ahead instead of looking around. Maybe that will help. But they just sent Version 2023.44.30.5.1 which is a bug fix so maybe they fixed the hateful things... I hope.
My experience is just the opposite. I have to hold the wheel LESS and now only very rarely does it warn me to apply force. I think this is due to the use of the camera. Disabling that would likely require more frequent wheel torque verification.

I will try suggestions here about disabling interior camera...
Who suggested this? We need to nip this one in the bud right meow because otherwise a lot of people are going to read this and think it's a viable option. It's not. "Disabling" or covering your interior camera will only disable Autopilot entirely with the new update. It needs to see your eyes before it will even allow Autopilot to be enabled now, similar to having your seatbelt buckled.