Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software version 2018.4.7 3ee0f17 detected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Software version 2018.4.7 3ee0f17 was just detected on a Tesla Model S 100D with Autopilot 2.5 hardware. The highest previous version was 2018.4.5 a1d9b92. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com.

Unfortunately my car is in SC, and I hope they can update before give back to me on Monday

Fast and furious. Usually when a release comes out this soon after the previous release there was some significant bug that had to be fixed. Hopefully someone will post some deets soon, but I suspect the release notes will look the same as the previous 2 drops. Maybe the fixed the download fail issue that many had posted about. I am still curious to know if anything improves with the browser in these releases (based on Elon’s recent tweets about improvements coming there).

• Helpful
Reactions: lunitiks
Hopefully this one is the full rollout of the 'precondition benefits'. :D Various versions of 2018.4 were going quickly only to be superseded... and I don't have it yet.. would like to test the details of the preconditioning and what gets turned on when (seats/wiper heat/wheel heat...).

upload_2018-2-10_15-43-0.png

Reactions: Cowby
Just had the car in to service and they pushed 2018.4.7 3ee0f17
Release note says that the heated steering wheel will come on if it was on during the last trip. Wonder if this is profile specific.
Doesn't look like turning the steering wheel, wipers or seat heaters on is possible.

Is there differences between 4.1, 4.5 and 4.7?

It seems all bug fixes for either AP1, AP2, AP2.5 respectably
I've noticed a fairly large difference between 4.1 and 4.5 in terms of braking speed with car in front. 4.5 seems to make a larger difference if you toggle a greater distance between cars on local roads. 4.1 was a little late braking in all settings.

My X is on 2018.4.1 and unexpected braking in tunnels has increased with this release. It's regular autopilot braking not AEB and I experienced it only in tunnels near portals or emergency bays where tunnel isn't a straight "tube". So I guess it's coming from radar signals bouncing off edges.
Anyone on 2018.4.5 or 2018.4.7 experiencing an increase of such phantom braking behaviour?

My X is on 2018.4.1 and unexpected braking in tunnels has increased with this release. It's regular autopilot braking not AEB and I experienced it only in tunnels near portals or emergency bays where tunnel isn't a straight "tube". So I guess it's coming from radar signals bouncing off edges.
Anyone on 2018.4.5 or 2018.4.7 experiencing an increase of such phantom braking behaviour?

Yep Model X 2018.4.7 LOTS of random phantom braking -- getting scary, actually! That said, otherwise it's been relatively stable...

• Informative
Reactions: DaddyP713
Same on mine and it seems the camera is attempting to read the sides more. I haven't driven through a tunnel, but the system has gotten confused with cars in the right lane and directly offset without a car length occasionally and suddenly placed them directly in front of me; which caused it to brake suddenly under EAP. I've also had AEB warnings more frequently, surprisingly on an offramp where there was a divider and no other cars in sight.

This is all happening on regularly traveled roads within the last update that didn't happen before. It makes me wonder if they activated the other cameras for testing, can anyone confirm?

Same on mine and it seems the camera is attempting to read the sides more. I haven't driven through a tunnel, but the system has gotten confused with cars in the right lane and directly offset without a car length occasionally and suddenly placed them directly in front of me; which caused it to brake suddenly under EAP. I've also had AEB warnings more frequently, surprisingly on an offramp where there was a divider and no other cars in sight.

This is all happening on regularly traveled roads within the last update that didn't happen before. It makes me wonder if they activated the other cameras for testing, can anyone confirm?

Makes me wonder if this braking is a result of radar or camera input. How was the vision (weather, line markings) when EAP braked suddenly because it thought there's a car directly in front?

Good point, I jumped to cameras but it could be radar or sonar programming as well.

Once was twilight, the rest was night. Haven’t noticed It during the day. All highways, varying speeds. All with some level of traffic switching between dense stop and go and loose up to 75mph.

In all cases for me, the car on the right was equal or greater speed. Either in line with me, just slightly faster than me or just slightly slower. I haven’t had it happen when I approached a car at a distance at a large speed differential.