Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version 2018.50.6 - No new features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received a notification that there's an update available and it will require 45 mins to install.

I giddily tapped at my phone in excitement and happy agreed, even nodding my head, as I clicked "yes" when it asked me to "install now?"

Now, it shows " software update in progress" on my Tesla app and I'm kind of excited to see what new features it will have when I drive my car in a few hours.

(please tell me there's new features....)

I got 2018.50.5 and have noticed the power button on the HVAC control doesn't work. It just minimizes the HVAC controls and doesn't turn the HVAC off.

Also now when I override lane assist it sets the max TACC speed to my current speed instead of it staying at the setting it was at.

So for the first time I am disappointed in an update as this is the first time I don't like the updates. Hopefully Tesla views these as bugs and will fix them soon vs this is how they think it should work and it isn't a bug.

Also now when I override lane assist it sets the max TACC speed to my current speed instead of it staying at the setting it was at.
Been there for a while. I'm not a huge fan, but I can see why they did it. It could end up a surprise to force change lanes and have the car rapidly accelerate especially if someone is pulling into a turn lame.

Been there for a while. I'm not a huge fan, but I can see why they did it. It could end up a surprise to force change lanes and have the car rapidly accelerate especially if someone is pulling into a turn lame.

Instead, every time I move over to let a motorcycle pass me more cleanly during my commute, I now have to take extra steps to not obstruct traffic once the speed picks up again.

Or if I override one of the all-too-common autopilot lane change failures, I have to remember to mash the throttle if needed.

It's a terrible change and they should feel terrible.