Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version 2018.50.6 - No new features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 2018.50.5 and have noticed the power button on the HVAC control doesn't work. It just minimizes the HVAC controls and doesn't turn the HVAC off.

Also now when I override lane assist it sets the max TACC speed to my current speed instead of it staying at the setting it was at.

So for the first time I am disappointed in an update as this is the first time I don't like the updates. Hopefully Tesla views these as bugs and will fix them soon vs this is how they think it should work and it isn't a bug.
The TACC resume behavior was a safety design flaw that badly needed to be fixed. HVAC power switch issue sounds like a reboot in order.

I can see why they would make the TACC change, too many fools thinking the car is “randomly accelerating”. Probably helps keep Tesla out of the news.

Sucks for us power users of course, hopefully they can bring it back as an option.

Doesn’t just suck for power users. It sucks for anyone not on the left side of the bell curve.

It looks like my Bluetooth call transfer issue has been resolved...

When taking a call on my phone away from the car and then entering the car, It would transfer to the car speakers. I could hear the caller, but they couldn't hear me. It was like the car mic would not activate.

Today (after the update), I did in fact receive a call (outside of the car) and upon entering the car, the transfer worked. I could respond to the caller using the car's mics.

also does no extra good in this case- since it's already rebooting as part of the update.

I mean, it won't hurt, but it also won't help.
Of course it's not required. And is probably not needed most of the time for most people. But yes, it can help in some cases. After every single update, you see people complaining about minor things that start happening - like the mirrors don't move down on reverse, or the map doesn't update, or the sounds aren't working right, etc. I even had one of those once, where my backup camera was black. A quick reboot is almost always the fix, and takes very little time. It's just a little bit of insurance against minor problems.

If you've ever watched an update happening, either in the car or outside, you'll know that some stuff happens after the update does the reboot process. And perhaps some stuff can happen during this finishing up phase that would benefit from a reboot to tidy up things, so to speak. I'll continue to do reboots after updates. That doesn't mean you have to.

Reactions: tracksyde
My S90D is still on 2018.48.12.1, and I have the TACC / AP2 issue mentioned above - every time AP2 is disabled, the TACC speed resets to the current speed, instead of remaining at the AP2 speed set previously....very annoying. When I'm in traffic, if AP2 disengages, as things clear up I realize my car isn't accelerating up to speed because it reset to 8 mph, or 14 mph, or whatever crawl speed traffic was at...frustrating and IMO possibly dangerous as it distracts the driver thinking something isn't working correctly....

Short answer - not a problem created in 2018.50.6

Reactions: XBS9
First EAP with 50.6 and I feel it was a clear step backwards. It ping-ponged my first suggested lane change (so embarrassing), asked me to "take over immediately" multiple times. I think there is a new graphic for that now (hard to be sure when the car freaks out and startles you), but saw lots of red in my peripheral. This was NOT straight-line freeway driving BTW. Anyone else notice poorer non-freeway EAP performance on this build?

On 48 my car used to have an issue with phantom braking when I'm at a freeway entrance waiting for my green light in a queue of cars. It seems to have been fixed on 50.6. This morning it didn't do the phantom braking.