Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version New Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RoBoRaT

PoPeYeD'SaiLoRDuDe
Nov 22, 2018
NorthSoCal
What software version do you currently have on your Model Y?

Here's our config:
2020 Performance Model Y
3/20 built; VIN 0008XX
SW Version: 2020.5.10.3

I noticed there is no "Wheel Configuration" option from the touchscreen menu as I wanted to switch from 21" to 20" wheels.

Does your SW version have wheel configuration options?

We picked ours up yesterday and am on the same version.

Anyone know how often and when we can expect realistically to get the upgrades to the later versions? Should we contact Service or I assume it will happen automagically
You may get them fairly quickly after release, you may wait weeks or months. Each update is pushed to cars individually whenever Tesla decide to. There is no way to force an update to come down to your car.

Reactions: Matsayz
Mine is:

Perf PuP
vin:43xx

04EC82CD-A5A8-4F9D-BDE9-E93DC01D326C.jpeg

No wheel config.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
No way to make it come faster. normally ew cars take a few weeks to get updates. As they’re trying to merge the code for the newly added car and configuration.

Only thing you need to ensure is you car is connected to WiFi whenever possible. And had the software tab set to “advance”. You can used TESLAFI as a TOOL to see when Tesla is beginning to push software out in a wide area. Currently model y is beginning to move to the larger fleet software. About 3-5 of them have updated from their 5.10.x software to 2020.8.3. So eventually or sooner rather than later we will be updating. Which will bring us all the feature most likely that we are missing that the other cars ( S/3/X) have currently like dual zone climate, wheel configuration etc.

• Informative
Reactions: empiredown