Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold my Model S after 5.5 years...moving on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@TSLA Pilot , You are aware that Tesla CEO frequently shuttles in a private jet between Los Angeles and San Jose, that burns a lot of gasoline? He is also promoting individual space flights. How much gasoline do you think is burnt to take a person to space just for a joyride?

Are you really a pilot? How do you feel flying planes that burn a lot of gasoline? I am very curious reading your posts of extreme view on climate change and gasoline.

What is your opinion on fewer people (population control, one child policy, etc.) as a way to reduce future CO2 emissions? In few decades, there will be half the number cars, houses, offices. Earth will he happier.

Or using the public transport or riding a bike to work instead of driving personal cars?

Yes, I am THRILLED that Elon Musk travels by private jet on a regular basis. He needs to be isolated from the masses and increase his productivity as he is nearly single-handedly working to allow us to have a sustainable planet for generations to come, and helping us become a multi-planetary species. He need not be wasting time stuck in traffic or driving hundreds of miles between his various global facilities.

Perhaps unlike you, Elon is a high-impact individual with extensive and well-proven capabilities. A personal jet greatly enhances/leverages that capability and he needs all the leverage he can get if we're to have a usable planet in the years ahead. Capeesh?

As to the topic of the thread, would you mind sharing how that in ANY way absolves the OP (and others that have admitted their guilt) of his heinous act?

Last time I checked, Tesla (et al) are precluded from producing EV aircraft until battery energy density increases by another order of magnitude, at least. So, FOR NOW, it's either burn fossil fuels for air travel, or you won't be travelling at high-speed . . . .

(But then there's Hyperloop which can't come soon enough as well.)

However, your post reflects a common tactic among those that don't want to address an uncomfortable issue: use a logical fallacy (pick one), to shift the conversation elsewhere, anywhere, other than the topic at hand:

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

Going forward, please don't bother writing unless you're willing to stay on topic, which is the stunningly short-sighted error of replacing a Tesla EV with an ICE vehicle for GROUND TRANSPORTATION.

Thank you.

As far as batterygate, I cannot fathom a ruling coming out that would financially sink the company, but I've been surprised before.
The big worry is that batterygate started with a Tesla announcement on the same day they said that update would "change charge and thermal settings" to address fires - meaning they are still even a year later trying to conceal potentially fatal hardware defects from us and authorities so they don't need to do a recall. Also that they are violating warranty law that bars them from downgrading to address repairs. And then they reduced charge voltage which invalidates emissions agency tests and makes OTA updates "cheat devices" in the exact same language that was used to levy tens of billions of dollars in fines and prison sentances on Tesla and its employees over dieselgate. Batterygate might mean Tesla has to pay for 100,000 new batteries at once, or more. According to Wk057 at least, all 70 through all 85 batteries need to be replaced at a minimum.

Tesla probably has some plan to replace all the batteries when they're more affordable, but right now it's a question mark, especially since they have MoFo - a globally recognized top tier corporate bankruptcy law firm - representing their Batterygate case. They usually handle these things in house, so this is a departure even without looking at MoFo's experience in such matters.

I don't think it will go that far, but if Tesla lied about the scope of batteries impacted (and they've lied to us a lot about batterygate) it could be a problem. I keep trying to get my service center to push along the suggestion that a lot of us will pay for a battery upgrade to get us out of recall problems but they remain steadfast in the lawsuits. Once the NHTSA issues involuntary recalls - probably no longer this year with COVID delays - the FUD news will pick it up and make things worse, so I keep pushing locals to make noise to let some of us pay our way into helping. No joy yet.

I never believe the FUD, but this one is ignored by them and is the only thing that actually makes me worry, simply because batterygate is multi pronged and will hit Tesla from so many directions at once if they leave it to the courts and governments.

Yes, I am THRILLED that Elon Musk travels by private jet on a regular basis. He needs to be isolated from the masses and increase his productivity as he is nearly single-handedly working to allow us to have a sustainable planet for generations to come, and helping us become a multi-planetary species. He need not be wasting time stuck in traffic or driving hundreds of miles between his various global facilities.

Perhaps unlike you, Elon is a high-impact individual with extensive and well-proven capabilities. A personal jet greatly enhances/leverages that capability and he needs all the leverage he can get if we're to have a usable planet in the years ahead. Capeesh?

As to the topic of the thread, would you mind sharing how that in ANY way absolves the OP (and others that have admitted their guilt) of his heinous act?

Last time I checked, Tesla (et al) are precluded from producing EV aircraft until battery energy density increases by another order of magnitude, at least. So, FOR NOW, it's either burn fossil fuels for air travel, or you won't be travelling at high-speed . . . .

However, your post reflects a common tactic among those that don't want to address an uncomfortable issue: use a logical fallacy (pick one), to shift the conversation elsewhere, anywhere, other than the topic at hand:

Going forward, please don't bother writing unless you're willing to stay on topic, which is the stunningly short-sighted error of replacing a Tesla EV with an ICE vehicle for GROUND TRANSPORTATION.

Thank you.

I'm positive you are aware of Carbon Neutral Jet A. I would assume if he's using it, he'd say something, right? "2011 - United / Continental flew a biofuel flight from IAH to ORD on algae jet fuel supplied by Solazyme. The fuel was partially derived from genetically modified algae that feed on plant waste and produce oil. It was the first biofuel-powered air service in the US."

• Informative
Reactions: Chaserr

I've come to a diagnosis of mania, or maybe just crackpot. Back in the day before social media, we would offer a furroughed brow and half-squinted side-eyes as we just walked away from the crazy.

Thank you.
So just curious, you never answered my question...

Thank you.

Okay. So a person who drives a car of a different manufacturer to yours is "heinous"? A businessman by the name of Elon Musk should be "isolated from the masses"? Elon, a big supporter of clean power and EVs, does not think that way. That is plain stupid. Calling people "heinous" for driving an ICE is very disrespectful and not what anyone needs now.

Reactions: First EV
:
Thank you.

Actually the topic was the OP Getting rid of his Mosel S after 5.5 years. You changed the topic, so please take your own advice and stay on topic.

Perhaps you can start a new thread berating everyone in the world that doesn’t buy a Tesla.

Okay. And please tell me how you're doing your part in cutting CO2 emissions? By buying nine vehicles in nine years?

I love that @TSLA Pilot bought 9 Tesla's and sold them to the used market, so people like me can buy them!
We bought our 2013 S85 in 2015 used from Tesla, the original owner was a business man who drove long distance every day and flipped his cars to Tesla every 2 years, that's great, the car was used for long distance, and sold in the used market to a family like mine that would keep it long term and drive it into the ground!

I love that @TSLA Pilot bought 9 Tesla's and sold them to the used market, so people like me can buy them!
We bought our 2013 S85 in 2015 used from Tesla, the original owner was a business man who drove long distance every day and flipped his cars to Tesla every 2 years, that's great, the car was used for long distance, and sold in the used market to a family like mine that would keep it long term and drive it into the ground!

Great to see a fellow Torontonian on the forum :)

My point was that he isn't quite as eco-friendly as he thinks. Of course, the value of his constant purchases is that people can get good deals on pretty new cars, which is arguably more valuable than marginal reduction in CO2 emissions.

Ah, that explains it: you TOO are one of the few that made a remarkably short-sighted, "screw everyone else, " choice.
No, not a short sighted decision at all. No, "screw everyone else" had exactly zero bearing on my decision.
“Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want.”

Kinda sorta true. I decided to spend my money with a company that wasn't Tesla, that was a big factor in my decision. I don't like what Tesla the company did so I needed to spend my money elsewhere. Clearly you are still brainwashed by Lord Elon.
Face it--you are the problem, especially so since you too are a former Tesla/EV owner.
Whatever, you're entitled to your *opinion*. Don't forget your meds tomorrow, K?

Oh well, get a new Tesla. They are better anyway. There's no reason to downgrade to a gas car simply because your charge rate was limited. That is so random Edit: You did buy a gas car. Lol wow
I guess you missed when he wrote: "I've loved my Tesla and hope to be back someday when Tesla can guarantee reasonable charge rates for the life of the battery pack."
We know for a fact that Tesla limits Supercharging speeds after a period of DC charging on both the 100 kWh S/X batteries and the Model 3. So clearly buying a new Tesla will not solve the OP's concern. I'm sure you'll read more about this as time goes on and many 3 owners are affected and complaining... and then a we'll have these same "moving on from Tesla after 5 years" threads again... :rolleyes:

Mr X, You know how bad you'd feel downgrading to an ICE car after owning a Tesla? Every Tesla owner feels the same way. Now, since you know that imagine how bad you would have to be treated by Tesla to change your mind and make you willingly go back to ICE even though you loathe it. That's how bad Tesla's downgrades are, and how poorly they treat us.
Well said. Although I doubt Mr X will "get it".

One easy way to stay a Tesla fanboy forever is to buy a new car every year. You'll never have to worry about a problem bothering you beyond one year and never experience range loss or degradation. You'll always be able to show off whatever is the latest and greatest Tesla shiny object. Easy peasy.

• Love
Reactions: Chaserr
Status
Not open for further replies.