Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! When did they give you the option to select a delivery date? Mine was built 1/23 but I'm still waiting for the option to select a delivery date. I'm in NY if that makes a difference
So sorry I didn't complete my post before inadvertently pressing Post Reply. When I sent an email to my Tesla sales agent asking about the AMD MCU and 12V battery (15.5V) the agent replied back with the answer and asked if I'd like to schedule my delivery day and time, which I did. I live in Alabama and I've requested to pick up the vehicle in Nashville.

Congrats! Can you try to see if you have a heated wiper park too?

This shows what it looks like on the windshield of a Toyota, you may be able to see it as well in the right light.

I was under the impression that there would be a toggle in climate control for the heated wiper park too:
Are you saying that some Model Ys could have been shipped with the hardware but the feature not enabled in software yet?

Car electronics are typically able to run with 11-16v so no adaptor will be needed. This is likely why the 15.5v Li-Ion was chosen over 24v or 48v that Elon mentioned in the past as more efficient.
Correct, but the trailer hitch connector has an accessory 12v feed that is often used to charge lead acid 12v batteries on a trailer. 15.5v will kill those batteries. Which is why Tesla said that they disconnected the accessory feed on the trailer harness and will provide an adapter in the future to restore the functionality.

I was in a SC yesterday and checked their 2022 Ryzen Y, and not heated wipers.
How are you checking for the heated wiper parking area? (Rumor is that the hardware will be in the car before the option is made available on the screen.)

I'm not sure how you can see if the lower wiper parking area of the windshield is heated or not. (I don't know where the cable would hook to the windshield.)

Reactions: PNWLeccy
How are you checking for the heated wiper parking area? (Rumor is that the hardware will be in the car before the option is made available on the screen.)

I'm not sure how you can see if the lower wiper parking area of the windshield is heated or not. (I don't know where the cable would hook to the windshield.)
I’m assuming the parking area will look like the rear defrost:

1643647762924.png

Reactions: tm1v2
Correct, but the trailer hitch connector has an accessory 12v feed that is often used to charge lead acid 12v batteries on a trailer. 15.5v will kill those batteries. Which is why Tesla said that they disconnected the accessory feed on the trailer harness and will provide an adapter in the future to restore the functionality.
The trailer harness has 12v output regulated by the body controller. The new X trailer harness works the same way as it has the same LV battery.

Picked up my MYP yesterday (1/30/22). Has AMD Ryzen, dual pane front windows, single pane rear windows. Haven't had time to check for Li Ion battery or heated wipers. No real issues to speak of in fit and finish.
My 2022 MYP with Intel based touchscreen also has dual pane front windows & single pane rear windows. I think dual pane front window was introduced sometime in 2021. Tesla might introduce dual pane rear windows as that was mentioned in a China build last December….or perhaps tesla might drop that idea.
My kids say the MYP 2022 with single pane rear windows is pretty quiet on the freeway at 75MPH even.

I think it's quite a bit more subtle as it is in the masked area that is matte black. I posted a video earlier in the thread showing what it looks like. I think it's even harder on a Tesla since that area is so sunk into the frunk cover.
Model Y and Model 3 windshields have had the wiper heating elements for the last couple revisions. This is another software based upgrade.