Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a MYLR order with a 377 VIN which two SAs confirmed had the Atom and my local SA was convinced enough that he switched me to another VIN with a Ryzen which is due to be delivered in a few days.

But no, I did not take delivery on that 377 VIN so I can't confirm what it actually had.
Yeah I mean that's my point - pretty much every single "confirmed Intel" is usually a situation like yours. But to date, there's zero evidence anyone has taken delivery of one of these Intel cars. And for that matter, there are no reports of model 3s switching back to Intel - if there was a supply issue, you would think that would have impacted both lines.

Reactions: nicpottier
Yeah I mean that's my point - pretty much every single "confirmed Intel" is usually a situation like yours. But to date, there's zero evidence anyone has taken delivery of one of these Intel cars. And for that matter, there are no reports of model 3s switching back to Intel - if there was a supply issue, you would think that would have impacted both lines.
So this is some vast conspiracy of sales associates telling any customer with a specific range of manufacture dates and VINs that they have Intels? Why? Just for kicks? Or could it be that anyone with enough foresight to ask their SA what chip they have also has enough sense to reject the VIN if it has Intel? Which seems more likely? I’m skeptical of your skepticism.

Reactions: BnGrm and tm1v2
So this is some vast conspiracy of sales associates telling any customer with a specific range of manufacture dates and VINs that they have Intels? Why? Just for kicks? Or could it be that anyone with enough foresight to ask their SA what chip they have also has enough sense to reject the VIN if it has Intel? Which seems more likely? I’m skeptical of your skepticism.
I am skeptical that you think people have no sense if they accept an Intel car. For 99% of the people they would not be able to even tell the difference and if the intel was so bad everyone better be taking their cars to the junkyard. The forum hype and fear mongering on intel, 2170 etc etc is real.

Reactions: monkee88
I think it’s most likely the SAs are misinformed. We’ve seen several reports of one SA saying one thing and another saying the other. I think we should have seen at least one confirmed Intel car delivered by now.

Reactions: DrGriz

Here is one:

Just picked up today. 379 vin white blk interior Intel confirm!! Lol just as expected.but has AS tires. Still happy!

I am skeptical that you think people have no sense if they accept an Intel car. For 99% of the people they would not be able to even tell the difference and if the intel was so bad everyone better be taking their cars to the junkyard. The forum hype and fear mongering on intel, 2170 etc etc is real.
That wasn’t my point. My point was that the people who DO care enough to post about Intel/AMD on this forum are also rejecting their VINs when they receive an Intel VIN. Which is why you don’t see many reports of people accepting these cars. Go check out the MYP thread. You will literally see dozens of members receiving, then rejecting an Intel VIN. And all of these VINs are clustered in the 377-380 range manufactured over a 5 day period. If this is a bunch of misinformed SAs giving them bad info, that is quite a coincidence. Or a strange conspiracy for some dark unknowable purpose. The obvious alternative is that yes, there really were thousands of cars made with Intel two weeks ago.

That wasn’t my point. My point was that the people who DO care enough to post about Intel/AMD on this forum are also rejecting their VINs when they receive an Intel VIN. Which is why you don’t see many reports of people accepting these cars. Go check out the MYP thread. You will literally see dozens of members receiving, then rejecting an Intel VIN. And all of these VINs are clustered in the 377-380 range manufactured over a 5 day period. If this is a bunch of misinformed SAs giving them bad info, that is quite a coincidence. Or a strange conspiracy for some dark unknowable purpose. The obvious alternative is that yes, there really were thousands of cars made with Intel two weeks ago.
I agree with the above however my reply was to this so let me quote you "has enough sense to reject the VIN if it has Intel". That is the phrase I was replying to that you are inferring people have NO SENSE if they accept an Intel car. So then let me reiterate my point from above - "For 99% of the people they would not be able to even tell the difference and if the intel was so bad everyone better be taking their cars to the junkyard. The forum hype and fear mongering on intel, 2170 etc etc is real."

You claiming people are basically stupid and have no sense because they accept an Intel car is just asinine. The intel cars are fine and to most they will have no clue or be able to tell a difference.

Reactions: SilentWarp
Again, not my point. But a great example of the Straw Man Fallacy. I never said people are stupid if they accept a car with an Intel.
Correct but you said "have no sense" Same thing. Please feel free to make your point on the specific part where you said and I quote "anyone with enough foresight to ask their SA what chip they have also has enough sense to reject the VIN if it has Intel?"

My comprehension of that statement is you are saying only if people have sense would they REJECT a car with an Intel chip? thus if they have NO SENSE (my definition of stupid) they would accept a car with an Intel chip.

Tesla Chat told me that I had Rizen chip when I checked with them last week after getting VIN. Tesla Text told me this week that it is Intel.

One of them is lying, and/or just plain lazy. I suspect it was Text, because I also asked about the build date, they just said "February 2022".

Guess I'll find out Saturday. More than anything, I am hoping for heated wipers (which seem to go along Rizen), because for me that is extremely practical and a safety advantage, but I want the whole thing.

I don't have a horse in the Intel Feb 2022 VIN race, but @pepperoni's point seems valid to me. The people asking an SA what MCU their VIN assignment has are asking because...they want the new hotness. They're all going to reject an Intel VIN if Tesla allows them to, unless they have extenuating circumstances that really require them to take the first available/assigned car.

I was skeptical at first too but with so many SA's having stated MCU2 in that recent batch of cars, either Tesla has some really bad record keeping, or those cars were actually built with MCU2. The latter seems a lot more likely and I'm surprised there is such strong denial about it.

Why Tesla switched back temporarily I don't know, but it's easy to come up with a plausible reason. Denying the possibility seems silly. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: pepperoni
Correct but you said "have no sense" Same thing. Please feel free to make your point on the specific part where you said and I quote "anyone with enough foresight to ask their SA what chip they have also has enough sense to reject the VIN if it has Intel?"

My comprehension of that statement is you are saying only if people have sense would they REJECT a car with an Intel chip? thus if they have NO SENSE (my definition of stupid) they would accept a car with an Intel chip.
He's saying that if you went through the trouble to check, you'd reject intel if you had the option. Although we know even some people have just accepted this as their only option or conceded it doesn't matter...

I have a few neighbors that have received their Y's lately...and like most Tesla customers, they're not even aware there is such a difference...