Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks just wanted to make sure, because on our 3 its clearly there, so just wanted to know if this is something that can be checked before accepting delivery. I'm trying ot remember when we got our 3, and cant remember if we walked out looked at it and then accepted or if its done inside. It may not be a big deal but I am in no rush for the car so would rather just hold out for the Ryzen.

Nice!! I am wondering for those that have picked up, this is easily verifiable on the screen right, so if I get a DD and go to screen and its not AMD, can I refuse it?
Note by the time you get to the screen, you may have accepted delivery already (that was the case for me back in end of 2020 with touchless delivery at a delivery center). So if this is something you will reject, it's best to take advice of others and have your SA look at the configuration beforehand.

Note by the time you get to the screen, you may have accepted delivery already (that was the case for me back in end of 2020 with touchless delivery at a delivery center). So if this is something you will reject, it's best to take advice of others and have your SA look at the configuration beforehand.
Unless you can sweet talk someone at delivery into opening a door for you, you have to accept the car in the app to unlock the doors.

I actually stopped by a my pick up location yesterday and talked to one of the SA ( manager) by random. Told him I was picking next week and ask some random questions about delivery process then asked if my MY will arrive with the new Ryzen package. He actually grabbed his laptop and ran my vin and told me I do have the Ryzen package. This was my second confirmation.

You best bet is to ask the built date. 1/6 - 2/6 seems to be Ryzen built on MYLR with a mix of MYP. Anything week 2/7 MYP is questionable Intel chips.

I feel like they had a batch of MYP sitting in QA for inspection or rework and they just released the batch this past week. A lot of part BOM changes when changing the chipset. Harness, MCU, 12v battery, windshield, heck I think the whole front dash is different assembly. That swap could slow down production unless they really don't have any parts to build the Ryzen BOM.

Unless you can sweet talk someone at delivery into opening a door for you, you have to accept the car in the app to unlock the doors.

Anyone have the AMD chip with a tow hitch?
I also got an AMD Ryzen and Li-ion battery with my MYLR VIN 375xxx and it came with the tow hitch. Build date was 2/12/2022. White ext/Black int, Gemini, 5 seats, no FSD, tow hitch, delivered 2/26.

BTW, you can confirm both the AMD Ryzen and the tow hitch on that Additional Vehicle Information Screen shown above on post #1,100. If you have the official Tesla tow hitch installed it says so on I think the last line of that screen.

I didn't see a good way otherwise to verify the tow hitch since the bottom of the car is covered up to the bumper (can't look behind the bumper) and the tow hitch bumper cover is difficult to remove.

Last edited:
I think that's quite variable. In Boise without me even asking they opened the car up for us and let us poke around for at least an hour all before accepting.

I think that's quite variable. In Boise without me even asking they opened the car up for us and let us poke around for at least an hour all before accepting.
Thanks, that is what I wanted to know. Yes for sure I will ask the SA but I also would like to confirm for myself before accepting, i guess i will figure it out at the appt. Who knows if March is even real, it got moved up from July rather quickly. I need to download the list that someone has here of all the things to check. When we got the M3 we had no idea but know i want to make sure it is good before accepting. I mean the 3 was flawless anyway but still lol

Thanks, that is what I wanted to know. Yes for sure I will ask the SA but I also would like to confirm for myself before accepting, i guess i will figure it out at the appt. Who knows if March is even real, it got moved up from July rather quickly. I need to download the list that someone has here of all the things to check. When we got the M3 we had no idea but know i want to make sure it is good before accepting. I mean the 3 was flawless anyway but still lol
If they won't open the door for you (which they aren't supposed to do) there is no way to confirm for yourself before accepting delivery. Literally none. Either you believe the SA you talk to over the phone and accept or you don't trust them and you reject and you then have to accept the next car or you lose your $250 and get back at the end of the line.

For those who recently got their Y delivered, to check if you have the lithium ion 12v battery, it will say 15.7v output.
IMG_6384.jpg

If they won't open the door for you (which they aren't supposed to do) there is no way to confirm for yourself before accepting delivery. Literally none. Either you believe the SA you talk to over the phone and accept or you don't trust them and you reject and you then have to accept the next car or you lose your $250 and get back at the end of the line.
I'm really curious tho, again because I don't remember with the 3. But what happens if its messed up in the interior, so you can't inspect the inside before you accept? Anyway, nothing to get worked up about now, I may not even get delivery in March so who knows.

Same in Denver. She just used the key cards to unlock and said go ahead and take a look around. Let me know when you're ready!
It seems like good customer care. Why would you expect someone to accept a car they haven't even checked out a little.

I don't understand why that is not the standard practice other places. Perhaps during high transmission Covid times? A California rule?

Reactions: dodukes
It seems like good customer care. Why would you expect someone to accept a car they haven't even checked out a little.

I don't understand why that is not the standard practice other places. Perhaps during high transmission Covid times? A California rule?

FWIW we had the same experience in Renton where Washington State cars are picked up. We asked to look at the car before signing and they gave us all the time we wanted inside and out.