Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. Either that number or 1 (888) 518-3752
They all have access to your order and can look it up

Today I received my VIN for a MY LR. I called up both the main Tesla number and the SA at my delivery center to ask whether it had the Ryzen MCU.

Even before I gave either of them my RN or VIN number, both said it had the Ryzen. Both said that all the Model Y's now being delivered had the the Ryzen CPU. (This is in the Sacramento/Rocklin area.)

I'm interested to see whether this is really true, so I'd like to ask the group:

Has anyone been offered a Model Y in the past few days that had the Intel Atom MCU? (That is, actually confirmed by looking at the vehicle, not just going by the SA saying that it was "ice.")
How about the Li-Ion Battery? Heated Wipers?

Reactions: Tesraki
How about the Li-Ion Battery? Heated Wipers?
Li 15v battery, definitely since it always comes with AMD. I believe the heated wipers is the same as well. Have a look at this sheet - either heated wipers are confirmed with AMD or they are not sure. None of them seems to say "no" on AMD units.

As for the dual pane rear side windows, probably no.

Li 15v battery, definitely since it always comes with AMD. I believe the heated wipers is the same as well. Have a look at this sheet - either heated wipers are confirmed with AMD or they are not sure. None of them seems to say "no" on AMD units.

As for the dual pane rear side windows, probably no.
Li-ion and heated wipers came with my Ryzen chip. Seem to be packaged together.

Reactions: Blubrown21
I went to the Service Center in Westheimer Houston, during a non busy time, I had 2 Tesla employees available to take all my questions, specifically about my MYP delivering in April/May. They said that 100% no more Intel past March, they are buffering the last "transitions builds" that's how they called them. They didn't comment on Giga Austin, but they said the quality that Fremont is achieving over the past couple of months of delivering is ages better than one year ago. I am sure they were trained to make customers happy, but I choose to trust them and pay less attention to web drama

Last edited:
Reactions: Triplem086
…They said that 100% no more Intel past March, they are buffering the last "transitions builds" that's how they called them…
What does that mean “buffering the last transition builds”? Does that mean they are saving them up for the last week to deliver? Because my EDD is the last week of March and I’m not going to be too happy if they’re saving an Intel chip just for me.

My brother was just assigned a VIN for delivery tomorrow. The rep over the phone said car computer was "ice", which means Intel. His VIN is F391xxx. He's located in the Bay Area so probably fresh off of the line. I thought that we were finally passed Intel, but who knows. We have not confirmed this in person, this is just the rep over the phone but I would think that their information is correct.
That is odd. I also have a 391 VIN and I called my rep when VIN was assigned and he told me my car will have Ryzen chip.

Well, pickup on Saturday and I’ll find out for sure.

What does that mean “buffering the last transition builds”? Does that mean they are saving them up for the last week to deliver? Because my EDD is the last week of March and I’m not going to be too happy if they’re saving an Intel chip just for me.
I think they meant they have some units still being built with Intel and they will not do it anymore soon enough. Just my assumption

Reactions: pepperoni