Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations! You are the first owner to report dual glazed rear windows. Please confirm it upon delivery.
Wait is this really that rare? I have my EDD of 3/20 (MYLR7), and I called the sales rep at my delivery location and he confirmed Ryzen MCU, dual pane windows, and li-ion 12v battery. He also said "new headlamps" are a very high probability. Hoping he wasn't just blowing smoke up my you know what lol.

Sry, I dont have time to read through 60 pages LOL

I just checked and I have the AMD, But is there anything special about that?? What is the benefit? I assume it just means a faster screen. Was the old one slow?

2022 model y performance, picked it up a week ago
Significantly better performance all around. Basically translates to a much smoother experience operating the touch screen, things load much faster, etc.

Wait is this really that rare? I have my EDD of 3/20 (MYLR7), and I called the sales rep at my delivery location and he confirmed Ryzen MCU, dual pane windows, and li-ion 12v battery. He also said "new headlamps" are a very high probability. Hoping he wasn't just blowing smoke up my you know what lol.
Did he say dual pane windows (like you just wrote) or dual pane rear windows like you wrote in the first post? Your car will have dual pane windows (front) but most likely won't have dual pane rear windows...if it does, you will be the first.

Did he say dual pane windows (like you just wrote) or dual pane rear windows like you wrote in the first post? Your car will have dual pane windows (front) but most likely won't have dual pane rear windows...if it does, you will be the first.
At first he just said "dual pane windows", and then I asked for clarification, so "all four?" and he said "yes all four". I am not putting a ton of stock in that though. We'll see Sunday.

I'm especially skeptical since he also said that the new matrix headlamps would be a high probability, despite this being a LR and not a P. Everything I've seen is that those headlamps are exclusive to the P.
He doesn't want you to back out and delay. And it’s EOQ. I’m sure policy is to say yes to any question and then plausibly deny after the fact when you can’t return it.

He doesn't want you to back out and delay. And it’s EOQ. I’m sure policy is to say yes to any question and then plausibly deny after the fact when you can’t return it.
That's crummy, but you're not wrong! Actually, I heard SAs dont work off commission, what do they care if we back out, especially since it's within our right to inspect the vehicle prior to signing? I guess they figure "if this guy backs out, I have a list of 10 people ready to buy this vehicle".

That's crummy, but you're not wrong! Actually, I heard SAs dont work off commission, what do they care if we back out, especially since it's within our right to inspect the vehicle prior to signing? I guess they figure "if this guy backs out, I have a list of 10 people ready to buy this vehicle".
It used to be based on salary and commission, but Tesla moved to a hourly model and reduced or eliminated most commissions. But there are still performance metrics and seem to be store wide, so there is still pressure to perform, especially at end of quarter. If someone rejects, it may push the car to next quarter. And drag down the store metrics.

Interesting, someone on the tracker with a 402XXX VIN is claiming they were given Intel. Wonder how much stock Tesla has left as it appeared most all new entries on the sheet were Ryzen.
Now you got me attention. I received a F402 VIN yesterday. I asked my SA what chip it has, and he stated the car hasn’t been built yet so the information wasn’t in the system, but he would let me know as soon as he could see it. I will report back when I know more. I’m a few miles from the Fremont factory and cars are flying out the door right now to local customers, so I should be able to see this car within days.

I am a bit suspicious of this spreadsheet entry. Username is listed as @jyzzxcvb which doesn’t show up in the system. I would think that if someone knew enough to make an entry in the spreadsheet (which hasn’t been referenced directly on TMC for weeks), they would also recognize that this was newsworthy enough to leave a post somewhere. It is likely someone trying to yank our chain. Still! I’m not liking that my VIN is in the same range.