Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN yesterday. 7SA and 354. I asked my SA via text and he said build date was Jan 9, 2022 and he said it has the AMD and new battery. Taking delivery tomorrow and will update on config. I might reject if it's Intel because I have text proof that a Tesla employee said it has the AMD chip...
This may actually be true. It seems Tesla ran a "test batch" of 354s with AMD but then got a fresh shipment of Atom processors which they decided to burn through :)

Reactions: crispiminis
Got my VIN yesterday. 7SA and 354. I asked my SA via text and he said build date was Jan 9, 2022 and he said it has the AMD and new battery. Taking delivery tomorrow and will update on config. I might reject if it's Intel because I have text proof that a Tesla employee said it has the AMD chip...
I'm 35463X, so now I have hope again. What's your configuration, and did you order FSD?

I have 3542XX VIN and SA said my car "rolled out of the factory yesterday (1/9)." He also said "I would not expect it to have the chip but I have no way of knowing." and he has been pretty knowledgeable throughout.

Pretty interesting how some SA's definitively claim they do/don't have AMD chip and others claim there's no way to know. Everyone's BSing to some degree here

Reactions: crispiminis
This thread has veered off into an argument
I have 3542XX VIN and SA said my car "rolled out of the factory yesterday (1/9)." He also said "I would not expect it to have the chip but I have no way of knowing." and he has been pretty knowledgeable throughout.

Pretty interesting how some SA's definitively claim they do/don't have AMD chip and others claim there's no way to know. Everyone's BSing to some degree here
What is your delivery date?

Other SA's provided wrong info before. At this point it's almost impossible to predict.
At least your SA is honest about it.

Reactions: PNWLeccy
No FSD. MYLR w upgraded rims. White w black interior.
I'm actually going to pick it up tonight in 3 hours. . Will report back
sweating-nervous.gif

Went to the Tesla store in Lynnwood, WA today. Currently they have no display cars and no test drive cars. All the new cars on the lot were for delivery to customers. Asked about what were the latest features he was seeing on new cars. He said he was expecting to see new cars with a new auxiliary battery, and new AMD chip, but it sounded like he had not seen them yet. Asked about rear windows being doubled glazed like the front windows, but he did not seem to know anything about this new feature. So not a lot of useful information gathered, posting this just as another data point.