Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Accept your Y, place an order for another one to be delivered in about 6 months (depending a lot on the configuration you choose), then trade yours in or sell to carmax. If the used market holds for a while (IF <-- big if), you'll come out even, if not ahead. Even better if the climate bill passes, might be like printing money. Or not.

Spoke with SA on the phone today and she was more than happy to release my VIN for me. She actually placed it on hold for 1 week and removed my tow hitch to reduce my price by $1,000. After this week I will be placed back in the system awaiting for a new car that will hopefully have the Ryzen chip and all the latest additions. I am realist and I am no longer anticipating getting a Austin MYP. Hope this officially moves me into March and I am fine with that.

Reactions: cusetownusa
I’m assigned a VIN as well for the MYLR F380XXX with delivery date this week. Now I’m worried about this one not having the AMD chip after seeing what’s been transpiring lately. They already told me I’m on their “cancellation campaign” as my order was from last year. I’m wondering my options could be, would my order be canceled if I reject the delivery? Only reprieve is I got it at a good price.

After previously being told by my local SA that my MYLR with VIN F377xxx (build date 2/11) had the AMD Ryzen, I contacted another non-local SA who confirmed my VIN does not have Ryzen.

My local advisor now agrees it's not Ryzen and we are now getting another VIN with high priority, so hopefully soon.

The main point is that even a MYLR with build date of 2/11 can still get the Atom cpu.

MYLR, white ext, black int, Gemini, 5 seat, has towing, no FSD
OD 9/12

After previously being told by my local SA that my MYLR with VIN F377xxx (build date 2/11) had the AMD Ryzen, I contacted another non-local SA who confirmed my VIN does not have Ryzen.

My local advisor now agrees it's not Ryzen and we are now getting another VIN with high priority, so hopefully soon.

The main point is that even a MYLR with build date of 2/11 can still get the Atom cpu.

MYLR, white ext, black int, Gemini, 5 seat, has towing, no FSD
OD 9/12
Thanks for letting us know. Now I can sweat a little bit even though the CHAT person appeared to check Tesla Garage App (which I asked him to do) and told me my car had Rizen today.

This is exactly the narrative that I am worried about. On the Model 3 LR forum the exact opposite happened. Customer was told it was Intel, he then proceeded to call a different SA who then confirmed it was Ryzen. Customer has since taken delivery and its indeed a Ryzen even though the first SA said it was Intel.

I am not disputing that SA's are selling the narrative that newer builds are coming with Intel's, but has there actually been any actual real world proof as such? Has there actually been a confirmed delivered vehicle with Intel lately? Some SA's don't have the strongest track record of factual information.

This is exactly the narrative that I am worried about. On the Model 3 LR forum the exact opposite happened. Customer was told it was Intel, he then proceeded to call a different SA who then confirmed it was Ryzen. Customer has since taken delivery and its indeed a Ryzen even though the first SA said it was Intel.

I am not disputing that SA's are selling the narrative that newer builds are coming with Intel's, but has there actually been any actual real world proof as such? Has there actually been a confirmed delivered vehicle with Intel lately? Some SA's don't have the strongest track record of factual information.
I've yet to see an actual delivered car with the 376xxx and newer VIN with confirmed Intel. My dad's got an MYP on order and his vin is 380xxx - he decided he's going to take delivery regardless of what it comes with, so I can report then.

Accept your Y, place an order for another one to be delivered in about 6 months (depending a lot on the configuration you choose), then trade yours in or sell to carmax. If the used market holds for a while (IF <-- big if), you'll come out even, if not ahead. Even better if the climate bill passes, might be like printing money. Or not.
I would be very careful doing this. Tesla is being very stringent with flagging accounts as "resellers" and banning them for life from being able to purchase a Tesla in the future. There are a couple of posts here on TMC where even early adopters have fun afoul of Tesla even though they weren't trying to pull anything sketchy.

We ordered our Y in August 2021 specifically because the delivery dates were scheduled for MARCH 2022. We were having a Baby in December 2021 and didn't need a vehicle until end of March. Early December we were given a VIN and Dec delivery date. We contacted our SA and she let that one go and put our order on HOLD. About a month later, we got another VIN along with a threat letter that if we didn't accept the vehicle in 7 days, our order would be canceled. When I logged into my account, the HOLD was valid through April. Our SA said that didn't matter anymore. You can release only 1 VIN or the order is auto-canceled.

Last year, our SA assured us she would take care of things if the vehicle came up early. Now we have to either accept a vehicle we can't use for 2 months, or have to re-order and get the much higher price. I'm excited to get the vehicle, but the buying experience has been terrible. We very much feel strong armed into accepting something other than what we agreed to during the order.

Like others have noted I think people should only confirm if they actually see Intel. I recently refused delivery of a 378 VIN due to paint issues that warranted repainting. The 378 confirmed (with my own eyes) to have AMD.
That is really interesting. I have a 377 series to be delivered on 2/27. I'm likely to take it no matter what processor it has, but crossing my fingers the database information is wrong and it really has AMD.