Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Something is happening (Tesla website down) - Leasing Option News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if it was there before, but I just noticed it after the site came back up.

The design studio now by default displays the result of the TCO calculator (worse than the TCO calculator page itself since it hides the inputs used by it), and it also does not display the total price of the car nor of any of the individual options :(.

I don't know if it was there before, but I just noticed it after the site came back up.

The design studio now by default displays the result of the TCO calculator (worse than the TCO calculator page itself since it hides the inputs used by it), and it also does not display the total price of the car nor of any of the individual options :(.

That was there before. I believe you need to select cash instead of finance (or whatever the verbiage is that they use)

If Tesla does not want to sell the car to us, then I wish they would just come out and admit it. Then they can go further and build a proper service offering around it, something like a "Model S as a service" subscription. You pay, oh let's say $1300 per month for a loaded P85, and they take on the risk of ownership and take care of everything. If it breaks down, or needs service, or new tyres, or if the battery capacity deteriorates below some percentage (70%?), they come to your house or work and switch it out for another one.
Isn't that called "leasing", with the ranger service plan?

Isn't that called "leasing", with the ranger service plan?

Similar, but I envision something much more flexible and comprehensive.

I am thinking of Tesla owning the cars instead of a leasing company. I am thinking of a minimum subscription period of 3 months, rather than 36 to 60 months. Im am thinking of covering all wear items including tyres (which are specifically excluded from the service plans). And guaranteeing the minimum performance of things like the battery and other systems, not just protection against failure as per the extended service agreement.

Plus there is no leasing option at the moment in the USA, only financing with guaranteed buy-back.

I am thinking of Tesla owning the cars instead of a leasing company. I am thinking of a minimum subscription period of 3 months, rather than 36 to 60 months. Im am thinking of covering all wear items including tyres (which are specifically excluded from the service plans). And guaranteeing the minimum performance of things like the battery and other systems, not just protection against failure as per the extended service agreement.

This starts to sound like ZipCar/rental model... I wonder if anyone would be much satisfied with the cost of ownership using a rental model like that.

The initiative running in Las Vegas, started by the founder of Zappos, is probably closest to what you are envisioning here, though it's a shared car program. Project 100 | Drive. Ride. Bike. Fly. Connect.

Guys the site has been down many times for the past month. Probably just maintenance. Why speculate.

The only thing it proves is they need a better IT team to do what everyone else does, keep a current version of the site live and do an instant cutover to the new site. Having an e-Commerce site down at any point is a fail. I'm still blown away that Apple has to do it still.. Even Microsoft, Dell, HP, etc never need to do that.

Well, considering each of those companies sell much more product, generate 10X revenue (or more), are actually profitable, and are overall bigger and more successful companies- I'd disagree with you. They just have a better IT team and infrastructure obviously.

Well, considering each of those companies sell much more product, generate 10X revenue (or more), are actually profitable, and are overall bigger and more successful companies- I'd disagree with you. They just have a better IT team and infrastructure obviously.

Sure they may sell more products, but unlike Apple or Tesla, their products do not generate as much excitement, news coverage, or fan following. Who'd refresh the Dell website 10 times an hour every day to see if they release a new laptop?

Sure they may sell more products, but unlike Apple or Tesla, their products do not generate as much excitement, news coverage, or fan following. Who'd refresh the Dell website 10 times an hour every day to see if they release a new laptop?

Plenty of people with existing orders or people into their products. What's so hard to swallow about it?

those companies have millions of customers.. Let's face it, Model S has sold what, 50K vehicles? Those companies sell more than 50,000 products per day.

I don't think it's a big deal if the site os offline a couple of hours. The product Tesla is selling is not done on impulse. Someone who wants to buy a Tesla doesn't mind waiting a couple of hours to place an order. This applies much less so to the products Dell or Microsoft sells.