Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sorry, I actually like the new UI :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, no facts to back the claim of V11 being safer and more automated? Because there are facts to back the opposite - that V11 is less safe.
What facts do you have besides a few people on this forum talking about it? The facts are that Tesla's safety ratings are the best of any vehicle on the market... that's the only thing you can go by... but people claiming it's unsafe because they want to check their tire pressure routinely is something else... come on now...

What facts do you have besides a few people on this forum talking about it? The facts are that Tesla's safety ratings are the best of any vehicle on the market... that's the only thing you can go by... but people claiming it's unsafe because they want to check their tire pressure routinely is something else... come on now...
How about a two step process vs a single step? Is that not a fact in your Elon-is-god world?

Tesla vehicle might be safe in a crash, but that doesn’t mean their UI is safe. Can’t you think critically for one second?

How about a two step process vs a single step? Is that not a fact in your Elon-is-god world?

Tesla vehicle might be safe in a crash, but that doesn’t mean their UI is safe. Can’t you think critically for one second?
Haha, that's not, it's your opinion... something that doesn't need to be on the main screen or can be automated... again... you're asking for facts and providing none... how many crashes has that caused? Statistics... not what you think vs. what others think... we could go on and on about that. Facts say it's the safest vehicle on the market... 5 stars in all categories, less crashes than any other auto company... sooooooo.... 2 taps and a Ric Flair! WOoooooOOOOoooOOOOOoooooo

Reactions: PACEMD
Haha, that's not, it's your opinion... something that doesn't need to be on the main screen or can be automated... again... you're asking for facts and providing none... how many crashes has that caused? Statistics... not what you think vs. what others think... we could go on and on about that. Facts say it's the safest vehicle on the market... 5 stars in all categories, less crashes than any other auto company... sooooooo.... 2 taps and a Ric Flair! WOoooooOOOOoooOOOOOoooooo
Interesting point! So, I should not worry that I will crash when I try to turn on the defogger because I am in the safest car. Ok, let’s make the UI even more crash inductive then.

Were you so busy trying to show how you are LOLing that you didn’t bother to understand what I wrote, or is it just a general lack of ability?

Go read this thread. Not wasting time on juveniles.

Oh, let’s wait for a few deaths to occur so we can replace the dumb, stupid dead space with critical functions like the defogger.

You guys even hear yourselves? 🤦🏻‍♂️
"You guys"? I've wrote here a bunch that icons and buttons need to moved back to the main screen. But I don't buy the drumbeat of hyperbole about V11 being a safety hazard. I guess that you don't have any factual data either.

"You guys"? I've wrote here a bunch that icons and buttons need to moved back to the main screen. But I don't buy the drumbeat of hyperbole about V11 being a safety hazard. I guess that you don't have any factual data either.
How is searching for a defrost button, wiper button on a wintry day with suddenly changing conditions anything but unsafe?

There is a reason most cars have these buttons easily accessible in the form of actual buttons.

Instead of asking to wait till people start crashing or dying, we should ask WHY Tesla thought dead space is better than these icons. Simple, really.

Not one person who purportedly loves this new UI has been able to answer it satisfactorily. All I’m hearing is “they ‘cleaned up the screen’” as if the screen needed to be cleaned up. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I don’t get this laissez-faire attitude towards critical functions people might need to use suddenly. They affect visibility, the most critical thing for driving.

"Let us say, for the sake of simplicity, a fence or gate is erected across a road. The more modern type of reformer goes gaily up to it and says, “I don’t see the use of this; let us clear it away.” To which the more intelligent type of reformer will well to answer: “If you don’t see the use of it, I certainly won’t let you clear it away. Go away and think. Then, when you can come back and tell me that you do see the use of it, I may allow you to destroy it."

G. K. Chesterton

Reactions: Boza
Searching implies you don't know where it is, or can't ask the car to do it for you via your voice.
Voice commands do not work where connectivity is an issue. Happened to me 3 miles from near the Tesla factory, as it happens. Please, stop bringing up rehashed and rebutted, tired arguments.

To all: if you do not understand why a single finger press of a readily seen, readily available, critical function is better than a two or three step process, then GOOD LUCK TO YOU. Done arguing. Waste of my time teaching these young hipsters what is safe and what is not.

Experience it for yourself, and learn your lessons in life. Either hard way or the soft way. I don’t care anymore.

Bye.