Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed Adjusting Audio Volume?

RV8R

Apr 22, 2018
Florida
I am constantly adjusting my volume to match background noise, generally speed related. I have owned much less expensive cars that had this feature. Is there a control I am missing, or does everyone just deal with it?

T3SLA90D

Jan 5, 2017
York, PA
I am constantly adjusting my volume to match background noise, generally speed related. I have owned much less expensive cars that had this feature. Is there a control I am missing, or does everyone just deal with it?
Doesn’t seem that Tesla has caught up with everyone else is this regard. It’s been a requested feature that’s has yet to be implemented.

Ostrichsak

Sep 6, 2018
Colorado, USA
In the past, in the vehicles I've owned that have had this feature, I disabled it anyway. I can see why having it as a feature would be helpful to some and it shouldn't be real difficult to implement either.

tranzndance

Sep 10, 2017
Bay Area
It's not an issue when I listen to streaming music. However, I need to adjust the volume when listening to podcasts through Tune-in. I'm wondering if people who have different experiences are using different audio sources.

Barry

Aug 9, 2013
Colorado
I'd rather not have it. Most things that Tesla automates to be "best" for us are more annoying than the manual version. Examples, wipers, map resizing, auto-climate control.

RV8R

Apr 22, 2018
Florida
In stop and go highway driving I find I am always adjusting the volume based on increased ambient noise. Another unusual feature is that each source has a different volume, requiring adjustments as you phone or channel surf.

Reactions: Tonic750

Tonic750

Apr 15, 2019
North Carolina
In stop and go highway driving I find I am always adjusting the volume based on increased ambient noise. Another unusual feature is that each source has a different volume, requiring adjustments as you phone or channel surf.
Agree. I was just looking for this feature the other day. Especially when I have the roof open and windows down I find myself adjusting the volume more.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC