Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed Assist and Lane Departure Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery at the factory TONIGHT (9/29).

Got the Lane Assist, Speed Limit alert, new Cruse stalk and all the sensors. There are the new ones on the bumper, the Camera and Mirror sensors, and the "radar" sensor on the front lower grill right under the Tesla T. Took a tour tonight and ALL the cars on the line had these new sensors. All the cars I saw being delivered had the new sensors. My DS did know how to demo and work with the features. After asking several of the DS team tonight, the word is that a new 6.x release will replace the 5.14 release and will "enable" all the new features on equipped cars.

Congratulations on your new car! I don't remember seeing anything about mirror sensors earlier in this thread? Could you please elaborate a bit more on those?

Sure... Here are the sensors...

image.jpg
image.jpg

Couldn't be more bothered that I literally missed having this on my car by a matter of days ... I took delivery on 09/19 and mine didn't have them :( makes me sick ....

I had the same thing happen as I took delivery 9/26, but I can honestly say the only feature that's remotely interesting to me on a day-to-day basis is BSD, but I recently drove a car with BSD and it made no difference to me in actual practice. Lane departure and speed assist are even less exciting. I might have used ACC on a long drive, but I would never have turned it on for the daily commute.

So try not to let it eat at you, the car is still darn awesome without the extra gizmos.

Last edited:
Couldn't be more bothered that I literally missed having this on my car by a matter of days ... I took delivery on 09/19 and mine didn't have them :( makes me sick ....

Just enjoy the ride. Just few months after I got my BMW 650 the model received upgrades including more powerful engine, soft-close doors and such. I still enjoyed the car, and hope I will enjoy my Tesla even more

I took delivery of my 85P on September 25 and it did not have any of the new sensors (I am located in Florida). Needless to say that I am pissed since I missed having everything probably just by few days. Those features were the only reason I did not buy my Tesla earlier and then of course they introduce them 2-3 days after they produced my car. Oh well... Where can I see when my car was manufactured?

Same here - my car was delivered on September 25th. I cannot believe I have such a bad luck!

It is probably because you are on the east coast and shipment took a couple days. I was at the Devon SC Saturday. None if the cars there had the sensors and they indicated that they expected more cars in before q3 end and it appeared only one or two might have them, the rest 20+ would not

Try not to be too upset about this, guys. It really is an amazing car and the only thing worth upgrading for is full on autopilot, anything less than that and it is just tiny frills that clearly you thought you could live without when you ordered the car since they were never promised to you to begin with. I know it sucks to be on the missing side of this, I would love to have some of these features as well, but the car is still the best thing I could have ever hoped for!

Just hold out for auto-pilot when that is released and then look to upgrade ;) That is the ONLY thing worth upgrading for at this point.

Try not to be too upset about this, guys. It really is an amazing car and the only thing worth upgrading for is full on autopilot, anything less than that and it is just tiny frills that clearly you thought you could live without when you ordered the car since they were never promised to you to begin with. I know it sucks to be on the missing side of this, I would love to have some of these features as well, but the car is still the best thing I could have ever hoped for!

Just hold out for auto-pilot when that is released and then look to upgrade ;) That is the ONLY thing worth upgrading for at this point.

I agree 100% with you. If those new features came few months down the line, I would not even think about it, but in my case was a matter of 2-3 days. Either way, I love my new P85. I am still afraid to press the gas pedal all the way down :)

Try not to be too upset about this, guys. It really is an amazing car and the only thing worth upgrading for is full on autopilot, anything less than that and it is just tiny frills that clearly you thought you could live without when you ordered the car since they were never promised to you to begin with.

Well said. The latest "features" are trivial compared to the amazing Model S electric drivetrain, the astonishing functionality of the center display, the roomy and comfortable interior, the awesome styling, I could go on...

Some perspective is in order here.