Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR AWD price - any guesses

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awd is a $4,000 option, not $5,000.
Actually it would be $5k or at least that is how the LR models are priced - LR RWD $49k and LR AWD $54k, right?

Anyways, so assuming one might still get the full $7,500 tax credit on the LR AWD (yr end) and that the SR AWD would only get the $3,750 tax credit, i guess one way of looking at it is you can get a LR battery for only $6,250 more than what you would pay for a SR AWD instead of $10k. Again, assuming the deliveries are made within the tax credit deadlines. I am also assuming they're going to bundle the PUP for the SR AWD initially.

Reactions: MXWing
Would be nice to see a Performance AWD, Non PUP, SR model. I would buy that over the premium package.
$35k + 5K +$10K performance upgrade?

Performance with the smaller battery makes no sense... and also might not work nearly as well since the smaller battery might not be able to deliver the same amperage that the bigger battery does and that the P needs to do what it does.

Reactions: Pkmmte
Currently $5k difference between LR RWD and AWD

Capture.JPG

Now the bigger question is does "available in 5-8 months" mean delivered in 5-8 months, or you can configure in 5-8 months?

I'm sure it means configure. Plus, there will be the huge backlog of reservation holders waiting for the SR version, so new orders might not even get delivery in the first half of 2019 ($3750 tax credit). That drops them to the $1875 for the second half of 2019...making ordering the LR "now" more compelling for any new orders -> hopefully being able to capture the full tax credit for a 2018 delivery. I know it's what made me order quickly.