Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Front window corner speakers no audio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe the immersive sound will come in software update. I believe they just rushed these SR+ out the door with quick software limitations. The map is stuck on satellite view even thought we arent supposed to have it. Also, some users dont have the fog light switch option in the menu even those others do. Hopefully itll all be figured out soon enough.

That's what I'm hoping/assuming. My main concern was just with all the talk of Tesla quality issues I wasn't sure if these speakers were supposed to be working or not or if they were just broken.

Hey everyone, when I ordered my model 3 standard range plus all I could see on the website is that it had immersive sound. It didn't say limited immersive sound. If you order a model 3 today it still says immersive sound. I can confirm that my standard range partial premium has 12 speakers in the car. The two in the back are not working and neither are the A pillar speakers or the speakers by the side mirrors.

I have talked to four different representatives at Tesla and they all said that they believe all of the speakers that I see in the car should be working. They recommended I bring it to a service center to have them take a look. I have an appointment a couple weeks out but I might just drive it by a services center toto s if they know anything. So far I have emailed Tesla customer service three times about it and I have gotten no response yet. First email was sent 2 weeks ago.

Please let us know what you find out at your appointment. I've read so many different things re: these pillar speakers and I'm honestly not sure if Tesla reps even know whether they are supposed to be active or not. I've read in a few places that SR+ should only have 8 active speakers (which I believe would be covered by the speakers near the front windshield, the 2 front door and 2 back door speakers, which means the A pillar and rear windshield speakers as "extra" non functioning. I haven't seen any post anywhere here or on Reddit where someone with SR+ has the A pillar speakers actually working even with the most recent updates that added the "immersive sound" toggle. I personally don't hear any difference when it's off or on and the A pillar speakers are definitely never actually working.

Hey everyone, when I ordered my model 3 standard range plus all I could see on the website is that it had immersive sound. It didn't say limited immersive sound. If you order a model 3 today it still says immersive sound. I can confirm that my standard range partial premium has 12 speakers in the car. The two in the back are not working and neither are the A pillar speakers or the speakers by the side mirrors.

I have talked to four different representatives at Tesla and they all said that they believe all of the speakers that I see in the car should be working. They recommended I bring it to a service center to have them take a look. I have an appointment a couple weeks out but I might just drive it by a services center toto s if they know anything. So far I have emailed Tesla customer service three times about it and I have gotten no response yet. First email was sent 2 weeks ago.

Good luck and let us know. I actually took my SR+ front tweeters near the side mirrors out and tried to add different tweeter in...no sound at all. Either it is a software issue or hardware where the wires really didn't connect to system amp or something else down that path. And this is even with immersive sound on.

I'm doing the same thing thanks to your post. I figure ifif enou owners report the issue through official channels it'll be addressed. Complaints on forums won't get it fixed.

How did you notify Tesla that you had some speakers that were not working. Did you send an email to Tesla customer service? Or, did you contact a Service Center by phone or do a drop-in?

Tesla got back to me and pushed a software update to my car. I'll report back and confirm if it changed anything. I'm at work so it'll be a few hours, but fingers crossed.

How did you notify Tesla that you had some speakers that were not working. Did you send an email to Tesla customer service? Or, did you contact a Service Center by phone or do a drop-in?
I used the app to schedule an appointment and described the issue I was having. They reached out telling me that it appeared it was a firmware issue and pushed an update to see if it would fix it. I've yet to hear from a SR+ owner with working speakers so I'm doubtful.

Does anyone know of a song that utilizes all speakers in the premium interiors?

I used the app to schedule an appointment and described the issue I was having. They reached out telling me that it appeared it was a firmware issue and pushed an update to see if it would fix it. I've yet to hear from a SR+ owner with working speakers so I'm doubtful.

Does anyone know of a song that utilizes all speakers in the premium interiors?

I don't think it should really matter what song, this isn't really surround sound like in a home theater. As long as the immersive sound option is toggled "on" there you should hear sound from those A pillar speakers (if they are indeed supposed to work in SR+). Easiest way is probably just to turn on the song and then change the balance to check each of the front corners. Keep us posted re: the firmware that was pushed to you. If it somehow works, can you post exactly which firmware was pushed to your car?

I've yet to hear from a SR+ owner with working speakers so I'm doubtful.

As long as the immersive sound option is toggled "on" there you should hear sound from those A pillar speakers (if they are indeed supposed to work in SR+).

Given the table we have seen I don't think that those speakers are supposed to be enabled:
Tesla Interior Packages Comparison.jpg

There are supposed to be 6 fewer speakers in the SR+ than in the LR cars.

So the question is do you have 8 speakers that work? I have highlight the 8 speakers that I think are supposed to be in place and used on an SR+ car:
Model 3 Speakers.png

The A pillar speakers, #9, are listed as "M3 SPEAKER HI DEF AUDIO" which seems like they would be part of the premium audio package.

• Informative
Reactions: bpjod
Given the table we have seen I don't think that those speakers are supposed to be enabled:
View attachment 394188

There are supposed to be 6 fewer speakers in the SR+ than in the LR cars.

So the question is do you have 8 speakers that work? I have highlight the 8 speakers that I think are supposed to be in place and used on an SR+ car:
View attachment 394190

The A pillar speakers, #9, are listed as "M3 SPEAKER HI DEF AUDIO" which seems like they would be part of the premium audio package.

Yeah, I agree that most likely these speakers aren't actually supposed to work based on the diagram 8 speakers for partial premium. I think the continued confusion comes from Tesla employees who say these speakers should work...LOL. If someone could just give a straight answer that, no these speakers aren't supposed to work even though they are obviously installed and wired that would put this whole thing to rest.

But based on other responses in this thread many folks are getting told that these speakers are supposed to work. I got a response from Tesla saying that they should. But everything I've seen online suggests they shouldn't. So the confusion continues...

Yeah, I agree that most likely these speakers aren't actually supposed to work based on the diagram 8 speakers for partial premium. I think the continued confusion comes from Tesla employees who say these speakers should work...LOL. If someone could just give a straight answer that, no these speakers aren't supposed to work even though they are obviously installed and wired that would put this whole thing to rest.

But based on other responses in this thread many folks are getting told that these speakers are supposed to work. I got a response from Tesla saying that they should. But everything I've seen online suggests they shouldn't. So the confusion continues...
Oh I totally understand if they weren't supposed to be included. But I think it's understandable that if a speaker is installed and wired an owner would expect it to output audio. If they are limiting it to premium connectivity feature I would gladly pay to enable them.

Reactions: Sky-Pilot
So the Partial Premium Interiors have wired speakers with no sound and wired ambient interior lights that don't light up ? Is this done because it's faster for car building or to potentially charge at a later date to activate ?

In the Model X the ambient lights were installed but never activated, not even as an add-on cost later. For somethings it is cheaper to install it and not turn it on than it is to make new wiring harnesses and change processes to not install it.

Reactions: lmorda