Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Model 3 owners getting more than they ever could have hoped for

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you keep thinking you may lose another $1875. NoA is nice but improves the highway experience very little. Self parking and summon are seldom used frills. Order the car now. The best buy is the LR RWD.
Agree. I'd rather buy AP since those are the most useful functions in real life. NOA I never use, really pointless and slow and dangerous and dumb in real life driving. Summon is cool but that's about it. Auto park..rarely ever used (used 3 times to show off), the time it takes to park I can park myself 5x the speed. So my $6k EAP for $3K AP, I wish I can swap and get the $.

If you keep thinking you may lose another $1875. NoA is nice but improves the highway experience very little. Self parking and summon are seldom used frills. Order the car now. The best buy is the LR RWD.

Agreed. The only worthwhile features of autopilot are tacc and autosteer. Lane change is ok. Summon, autopark, and NOA are silly games to play that add very little.

Hasn't stopped the current crowd. And i imagine 35k buyers will be less likely to a) own a home where they can charge

The vast majority of everyone in the US live in single family homes (even in urban areas, though the folks that live in a few specific ones never believe this fact).

35k is slightly below the average new car price in the US too. (though very slightly)

Agreed. The only worthwhile features of autopilot are tacc and autosteer. Lane change is ok. Summon, autopark, and NOA are silly games to play that add very little.

March 15th will introduce NOA without confirmation. I assume they will have worked out the kinds with NOA. Advanced summon will include the ability to drive to your location in parking lots. I'd say if these features are improved from the current way they work (currently pretty mediocre) then it would be well worth it to have gotten EAP.

The vast majority of everyone in the US live in single family homes (even in urban areas, though the folks that live in a few specific ones never believe this fact).

35k is slightly below the average new car price in the US too. (though very slightly)

There is the $3750 tax credit. So it's below the average price of a new car. Then you get state specific tax credits. I see the SR 3 selling out like hotcakes.

Reactions: ModelNforNerd
March 15th will introduce NOA without confirmation. I assume they will have worked out the kinds with NOA. Advanced summon will include the ability to drive to your location in parking lots. I'd say if these features are improved from the current way they work (currently pretty mediocre) then it would be well worth it to have gotten EAP.

I dunno, that advanced summon (self park, will find own space, and them come to you) was advertised years ago but never made it to fruition. Who knows whether or when it will become a reality. Remember... Elon time...

I don’t like the idea of paying for something that’s not ready yet. Elon has been talking about full self driving for years and stil claims it will be ready by the end of the year but I don’t think anyone else besides him sees it that way.

I don’t like the fact that they price it so much higher if you don’t buy it right away. Has Tesla ever offered a discount to existing non EAP Tesla owners to add it to their existing cars? It would seem like a logical thing for them to do if they have a cash crunch and need to raise cash quickly, since there is no cost to them to turn the feature on.

I would imagine if someone buys a $35K base model and doesn’t buy AP or FSD the margins will be very slim.

I don’t like the idea of paying for something that’s not ready yet. Elon has been talking about full self driving for years and stil claims it will be ready by the end of the year but I don’t think anyone else besides him sees it that way.

I don’t like the fact that they price it so much higher if you don’t buy it right away. Has Tesla ever offered a discount to existing non EAP Tesla owners to add it to their existing cars? It would seem like a logical thing for them to do if they have a cash crunch and need to raise cash quickly, since there is no cost to them to turn the feature on.

I would imagine if someone buys a $35K base model and doesn’t buy AP or FSD the margins will be very slim.

Tesla has always taken your money for stuff that doesn't exist. 1k for m3 3 years ago, scamming people for vaporware FSD, deposits for MS and MX that take months to build, 50k roadster deposits...

• Disagree
Reactions: DrAtomic
Is the new "full self-driving" just enhanced autopilot renamed?

No.

Existing cars who already bought at least EAP:

EAP has TACC, autosteer, summon, autopark, and drive on nav on highways only
FSD has literally nothing.

Same existing cars in the future:
FSD has all the "coming later this year" features but only if you pay the FSD cost.

FUTURE cars (from today forward):
AP has TACC and autosteer for 3k.
FSD has summon, autopark, and drive on nav on highways TODAY, and all the "coming later this year" features later for 5k
(both prices pre-purchase, higher later).

Yes, they have offered EAP for $5,500 after the free EAP trial period.

I think if they do a new AP trial period and offer it for $3,000-3,500 they will get a lot of takers just for TACC.

Thanks, good to know. We rarely use EAP on our current M3 so I’m not sure I want to invest another $3-$8K for it if we buy a second one. It’s not that it doesn’t work well, but it’s just more fun to actually drive the car.

No.

Existing cars who already bought at least EAP:

FSD has literally nothing.

Same existing cars in the future:
FSD has all the "coming later this year" features but only if you pay the FSD cost.

FUTURE cars (from today forward):
AP has TACC and autosteer for 3k.
FSD has summon, autopark, and drive on nav on highways TODAY, and all the "coming later this year" features later for 5k
(both prices pre-purchase, higher later).

So will FSD be a $2k upgrade from EAP or do we have to buy all of it all over again?

Does anyone know whether the standard range option have heated seats? It says cloth but I have a feeling it has to be upgraded to Partial Premium Interior to get heated seats. I am OK with cloth but really would like heated. Can someone confirm?

Does anyone know whether the standard range option have heated seats? It says cloth but I have a feeling it has to be upgraded to Partial Premium Interior to get heated seats. I am OK with cloth but really would like heated. Can someone confirm?

The specs say you get heated front seats starting with the SR+. Heated rear seats start with the MR.