Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Model Y 5 seater waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else still waiting on your MY SR 5 seater? I ordered mine back in 1/24/21 and to this day, no VIN, no delivery date. I am in SoCal so am being optimistic that I see some action in the next coming weeks to coincide with the end of quarter push. Chime in on your situation. Cheers!

I ordered mine in mid-January but had to reject the first car. The second one came in last week and I picked it up on Sunday. Also in SoCal, but it's a long-range. Seems like those are coming in fast, the SR, as it's now off-menu, seems much slower. Good luck.

What color?

was able to speak with my SA yesterday and was told that due to my profile being inputted into the system late, looks like I'm at the back of the line again even though I've had my order in on 1/24. Just as an FYI for those that are still waiting, make sure that your profile is in the system correctly. That means that you've accepted the tesla loan offer and that you've completed all the steps that this acceptance opens up for you on the portal. Guess patience is truly a virtue now that I have to wait more. Hoping that I can squeeze in on the end of quarter push coming in the next couple of weeks.

What are your specs? If it matches a car in inventory you can pay extra to have it shipped from wherever it is. Guarantee you get one. Your SA should be able to match you to an existing one.
my specs is the most vanilla one you can get. White over black MY SR, 5 seat no tow. I found a few on inventory but it was way in the east coast and my SA said that I should be able to get my car by the end of quarter push which is in 2 weeks and that she doesn't think it's a good idea to pay the extra $$$ to get one shipped back from there. So hoping that she's right.

my specs is the most vanilla one you can get. White over black MY SR, 5 seat no tow. I found a few on inventory but it was way in the east coast and my SA said that I should be able to get my car by the end of quarter push which is in 2 weeks and that she doesn't think it's a good idea to pay the extra $$$ to get one shipped back from there. So hoping that she's right.
Interesting. Last Monday a SA ran down what was available in the system. I said I’ll go with white/black with the 19s. I put down my 100 deposit, got approved quickly and my order is set for Thursday. I paid 1000 dollars for the shipping from Texas. I’m also in SoCal. The first dealer I called said I couldn’t get order anymore. I called another one and they took care of me.

Yeah, it seems like some of the SAs don't understand that it is likely these aren't being produced anymore. They just assume that because an order is in the system is will be produced. Ask all the LR RWD Y reservation holders how that is working for them. I think Tesla produced a set amount and opened orders and then matched people. If there were more orders for a specific combination than what was produced then your SA likely tried to match you with something close. It could also be why the sales were halted so suddenly, someone said whoa, we haven't produced that many cars, stop allowing people to order them. If a car was shipped to someone and they turned it down it went into dealer inventory. They didn't wait to ship to until payment was finalized. Now you have all these rejects whether due to quality issues or changed minds and the only way to get them is to pay to have them shipped. It will be interesting to see if there are any new SR vins popping up in the next 2 weeks. I think the most recent ones are for SR Y 7s.

Yeah, it seems like some of the SAs don't understand that it is likely these aren't being produced anymore. They just assume that because an order is in the system is will be produced. Ask all the LR RWD Y reservation holders how that is working for them. I think Tesla produced a set amount and opened orders and then matched people. If there were more orders for a specific combination than what was produced then your SA likely tried to match you with something close. It could also be why the sales were halted so suddenly, someone said whoa, we haven't produced that many cars, stop allowing people to order them. If a car was shipped to someone and they turned it down it went into dealer inventory. They didn't wait to ship to until payment was finalized. Now you have all these rejects whether due to quality issues or changed minds and the only way to get them is to pay to have them shipped. It will be interesting to see if there are any new SR vins popping up in the next 2 weeks. I think the most recent ones are for SR Y 7s.
I sure hope this isn't the case. I've called 3-4 different SA's regarding my order, MY SR 5 seat, and have been told repeatedly that I should still be able to take delivery by end of month. I've mentioned what's being said over the SR's being discontinued and they have assured me that existing SR orders are still being fulfilled. It maybe true that there are no longer any new SR orders being taken but here's hoping that since i've had my order in since late January that I will still be able to get the "vanilla mobile" before Tesla's quarter end.

Picked mine up today and came with the refresh with a 109 vin. Great car. I love the premium audio, it seriously blows away my SR+ audio. There is a massive difference.

Attachments

• 320EDBCF-73F8-471C-BCC1-EC9363C61B0D.jpeg
    320EDBCF-73F8-471C-BCC1-EC9363C61B0D.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: asaulo1
Accidentally posted in the 7 Seater group. Reposting here where it belongs.

Hey guys. Here is my order info.

Y, 5 Seat, White Exterior, Black Interior, 20" Wheels
Ordered Mar 13th
Vin Date Mar 19th 157xxx
Final Payment Mar 19th
Est Deliver Mar 21-24

Picking up at Buena Park

Accidentally posted in the 7 Seater group. Reposting here where it belongs.

Hey guys. Here is my order info.

Y, 5 Seat, White Exterior, Black Interior, 20" Wheels
Ordered Mar 13th
Vin Date Mar 19th 157xxx
Final Payment Mar 19th
Est Deliver Mar 21-24

Picking up at Buena Park
This is a SR Y? And you were matched with an inventory vehicle locally? Or is it being shipped from elsewhere? If it’s new fresh from the factory this would indicate SRs are still being made.