Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Model Y 7 seater waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4/2019 LR RWD MY 7... they canceled w/o telling us in Jan. When I got a check for 2500 in the mail I called, got assigned an SA, they told me they canceled with no plans to make the car. If I wanted a MY 7 seater I could get SR AWD or LR AWD. Money was a factor(we can afford, just think 60k is absurd for a car) so ordered SR on 1/20. But now they are going to make a LR RWD after all this...
I obviously have no idea what they're going to do. But that article about the LR RWD is the ONLY site ("thedriven.io") listing that information. No other site has picked up that story and shared or confirmed it. The prevailing thought is that Tesla filed the paper work for a LR RWD a LONG time ago and that the Driven site found that and made an assumption that the car was still coming. Who knows what will happen, but I find it suspicious that that information isn't corroborated anywhere else that I can find.

4/2019 LR RWD MY 7... they canceled w/o telling us in Jan. When I got a check for 2500 in the mail I called, got assigned an SA, they told me they canceled with no plans to make the car. If I wanted a MY 7 seater I could get SR AWD or LR AWD. Money was a factor(we can afford, just think 60k is absurd for a car) so ordered SR on 1/20. But now they are going to make a LR RWD after all this...
Wow, that is insane. My car was totaled so I just wish they would say something so I can make an informed decision

I was told today by a Tesla Canada rep (via the website chat) that our Feb 20th order (just before SR was pulled from the online configurator) will be delivered in April-May. The last few times I talked to them, they were more non-commital about the order being fulfilled or not ("we have no information").

MY SR 7 seats white/white, no other options.

I was told today by a Tesla Canada rep (via the website chat) that our Feb 20th order (just before SR was pulled from the online configurator) will be delivered in April-May. The last few times I talked to them, they were more non-commital about the order being fulfilled or not ("we have no information").

MY SR 7 seats white/white, no other options.
I'm also in Vancouver. My est. delivery date is April 9-23. I ordered a few weeks ahead of you, so you shouldn't be too far after!

Horrible news y’all ...
Bumped the wrong thread (general 7 seater), not this special SR MY 7-seater one :)

Another day, another delay on my end... BUT the end date is also closing in. Looking good!

SR MY, 7 seater, white ext, black int, 20” induction. San Diego.

Estimated Delivery: April 08 - April 21​

horrible news y’all. ... the delivery date on my order has disappeared 😳😳😳😳. Now nothing. 😭

I obviously have no idea what they're going to do. But that article about the LR RWD is the ONLY site ("thedriven.io") listing that information. No other site has picked up that story and shared or confirmed it. The prevailing thought is that Tesla filed the paper work for a LR RWD a LONG time ago and that the Driven site found that and made an assumption that the car was still coming. Who knows what will happen, but I find it suspicious that that information isn't corroborated anywhere else that I can find.
Yeah, I can't find any info, anywhere else on that. So slightly suspicious. I feel like a "karen" but seriously, I am about ready to put a deposit on Rivian or just go upgrade my Sienna to the hybrid. At this point Tesla is like a unicorn, they exist in a fantasy world, but not in reality for me.

Yeah, I can't find any info, anywhere else on that. So slightly suspicious. I feel like a "karen" but seriously, I am about ready to put a deposit on Rivian or just go upgrade my Sienna to the hybrid. At this point Tesla is like a unicorn, they exist in a fantasy world, but not in reality for me.
I already did put a deposit on a Rivian. I have been with Tesla since 2012. Sold my MX P100D in January with the intention of buying a new MX. At this point, I feel like a chump, and it doesn't look like the wait for a Rivian will be that much different than the MX I have on order...

Reactions: OnAKessle_run
Just because they certified the LR RWD doesn’t mean it will be offered with 7 seats. We won’t know til it shows up on an order page but maybe the SR ordeal showed Tesla the demand for cheaper family vehicles so they will capitalize by only offering the 7 seater on a premium trim. If you want 7 seats, you have to go LR. Or maybe it has something to do with needing two motors to handle weight of 7 passengers. Who knows?

*update
Called Walnut Creek, CA store, spoke to SA who said "I can say confidently your car should be on factory line by Monday, with delivery shortly after" fingers crossed its delivered before we leave for Hawaii next Saturday.
You
What is your config and location? And awesome!
I don't think he has a model y though? Maybe I'm confused